Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Manual Vs Electric Boost Controller

swales_p

I went from an MBC that would stutter when on full boost (as the ball pops in and out of the valve) to an AVCR (£245 delivered, brand spanking new).

The AVCR does the same job, but is smoother and is easier to tweak ..

right got a few questions my self.

Firstly my car is running 266bhp at 12psi.

Shall i get the avcr for xmas?

can i just poodle along at standard psi and flick it up to XXpsi to take down a few scoobies or do i need to park up and change it?

can i reduce my psi so when i drive to burford from reading all the time i dont cane as much petrol as i do now?

do i need anything else with the unit or can i wack it on and blast up the boost?

what can i expect to take my rev3 up to and what bhp would you expect it to go too?

right got a few questions my self.

Firstly my car is running 266bhp at 12psi.

Shall i get the avcr for xmas?

can i just poodle along at standard psi and flick it up to XXpsi to take down a few scoobies or do i need to park up and change it?

can i reduce my psi so when i drive to burford from reading all the time i dont cane as much petrol as i do now?

do i need anything else with the unit or can i wack it on and blast up the boost?

what can i expect to take my rev3 up to and what bhp would you expect it to go too?

Yep....dunno about an AVCR but an EBC of some type for sure :)

You can set AT LEAST 2 psi settings on most ebc's....some more, up to 4 or 5 settings , so have say 8 or 9 psi for a long trip, 12 for everyday, & 17 for a hi "wanna race" setting :D

IMO you can take you boost up to the fuel cut of 18.? psi assuming all is resonably healthy & temps aren't overly high.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

great so i wont need anything else along side it?

theres an apexi fuel thingy whats that do? do i need it?

the fuel one is the SAFC .. not essentual, just controls fueling ..

Which ius also less essentual as the Type III has fuel maps up to the 18.? psi fuel cut :)

Quite valuable to the rev I & II guys though.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links