Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cystal Lights - Need Help

dawolf

I bought some crystal indicator lights last week which look really cool. Basically the problem is I have no orange indicators because the unit that came with the crystal lights don't match up with the standard wiring. I tried buying two orange bulbs from motorworld and these don't fit either unit so now I'm feeling kinda stuck. Currently using standard clear bulbs for indicators :blink:

Another thing, anyone else's crystal lights got condensation in them?

Any advice would be great.

I bought some crystal indicator lights last week which look really cool. Basically the problem is I have no orange indicators because the unit that came with the crystal lights don't match up with the standard wiring. I tried buying two orange bulbs from motorworld and these don't fit either unit so now I'm feeling kinda stuck. Currently using standard clear bulbs for indicators  :blink:

Another thing, anyone else's crystal lights got condensation in them?

Any advice would be great.

The orange bulbs you bought will have offset pins on the side, to prevent you fitting them into these holders. File one of them off and you're away. You'll have to use your old bulbholders tho.

I tried to find some orange ones when I 1st got mine & the usual places didn't have any :( Iv'e left the white one's in & will find out if it get's picked up at my wof in the next couple of weeks.

Condensation....means there not sealed from the front properly.....I'd e-mail the supplier & see if they can't sort out a replacement for you.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Okay, hope I don't sound dumb but what's the best way to file them? Thanks.

I have a feeling they'll refuse to exchange them as I've drilled holes in them for my parking light.

use a small file , you can buy bulbs with the correct ends if you look hard enough, any decent motor shop or Halfords sells em. :thumbsup:

Okay, hope I don't sound dumb but what's the best way to file them? Thanks.

I have a feeling they'll refuse to exchange them as I've drilled holes in them for my parking light.

You could warm them in the airing cupboard until they are dry and then seal around where the clear meets the reflector with some clear silicone from B&Q. You can rub the pin off with a nailfile if you dont have a real file, or some wet and dry will do it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links