Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can I Have Your Views On This

swales_p

Ive been hunting for a induction kit for a while now and have come accross these on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ssPageName=WDVW

Im not a big believer that an induction kit improves performance that much when a car is standard - when modded its improtant but still, do Apexi, HKS etc etc really make that mush a big difference... In terms of intercoolers etc etc then its a YES for sure!!!

So, could i pleaaase have your views on this induction kit, when ive got money to burn a Apexi air filter will probably replace this one but for now it should do the job.

Cheers :thumbsup:

I think with things like filters, you get what you pay for.

I've seenthe cheap ones and the expensive ones .. and I think the cheapies are a bit dodgy for filtration ..

Hi Fella,

I have on mine a Blitz unit, I cannot say if it makes any difference as it came with the unit and I don’t have a STD unit to change it with but I would not go back to STD as I love the noise it produces. :D :thumbsup:

I have one of the filters in the picture as I bought it for a different car but they are just basically universal filters that have different neck sizes, if ya want you can pop round one time and we can take a spin out so you can hear the difference and I will let you have the old filter as its just sat in my shed gathering dust.

As mentioned by rhaines it does not come with any piping so you may need to source that if you like the end product.

Dave

PS

Did you manage to get an old banger sorted as its now the weather for it, when I saw the snow today I must admit I was well pleased that I have the Micra.

Does yours have piping on it Dudeone? ahh god, ive bought it now 2!!!

Im defo up for meeting and going for a spin.

Does yours have piping on it Dudeone? ahh god, ive bought it now 2!!!

Im defo up for meeting and going for a spin.

Cheers  :thumbsup:

The Blitz one has got piping but the universal fit just came as a cone filter and the rubber sleeve.

Yeh will have to sort out a meet up after Xmas mate.

I'll have to dig out the test results I was shown for various filters. It was conducted on same day on a rolling road and the blitz came out worst losing about 5bhp, then the K&N and the best was the ITG if I remember right gaining 7bhp.

They also conducted a test on the location of the kit and found differing results depending on how long the intake pipe was if used at all. On the test car they mounted the filter direct onto the throttle body and it lost 3 bhp but by adding the intake pipe and taking the filter away from the warm air in a location with no circulation of air, it gained an extra 3 bhp....in other words, giving no gain over a standard filter.

But inductions sound good :D

I've seenthe cheap ones and the expensive ones .. and I think the cheapies are a bit dodgy for filtration ..

Very good point, But....

As long as your intelligent with your choice of air filter, price won't make too much of a difference. obviously the HKS ripoff ones with "high performance" chrome detailing that look like they have a sponge inside them, aren't going to flow very well, however, you probably won't much of a difference between a genuine k&n, and a k&n ripoff.

A common myth is that the bigger air filter and more cold air you have, the better bhp figures you will get - This is not always true. On a NASP application, the ECU on most cars won't be able to process the higher airflow rate, which in turn will mean that it won't add more fuel in time, causing it to run lean.

On a recent rolling road day, a fellow enthusiast ran his car on the rollers with a normal induction kit, and then again with 1/2 of the filter fully taped up (so only 1/2 the amount of air could get through) - He gained 4bhp with the filter taped up.

Happy Hunting :D

Cheers for the replys boys.

SO.. where can i get my hands on a bit of piping etc etc to fit my cone onto? Also, is there anything else i need to know about - i can see the reasons why your don't just want to fit the cone directly onto the engine as the amount of warm air draw into it will be increased dramatically.

Also, are these induction kits easy to fit? there's no sensors etc etc that need to be re routed is there? Please dont laugh, im a novice (but learning!! :) ) when it comes to the mechanical side of motors.

what revision do you have?

Rev1/2 the filter bolts onto the end of the AFM ..

A common myth is that the bigger air filter and more cold air you have, the better bhp figures you will get - This is not always true. On a NASP application, the ECU on most cars won't be able to process the higher airflow rate, which in turn will mean that it won't add more fuel in time, causing it to run lean.

Happy Hunting :D

Not true, on any car with a cat and lambda sensor the fuel mixture is constantly adjusted by the ECU to avoid damage to the catalytic converter. Most cars shouldn't run lean after installing a different filter but it might be a problem on non cat cars.

Its a Rev 2. so errm what do i have to do then??  :blink:

I think it works slightly differently on the turbo because the ECU measures the amount of air entering the engine and adjusts the fuel mixture based on that.

"Im not a big believer that an induction kit improves performance that much when a car is standard - when modded its improtant but still, do Apexi, HKS etc etc really make that mush a big difference... In terms of intercoolers etc etc then its a YES for sure!!!"

an hks induction and exhaust took my power from 245 up to 266 thats a rev3 though

Its a Rev 2. so errm what do i have to do then??  :blink:

Hi Mate,

When are you putting the cone on? if you want we could meet and you can take a look at mine for inspiration.

I am off now for a few days B4 Xmas

Drop me a line.

Dave

Hello fellas. Ive got the cone - NO INSTRUCTIONS THO!!! :censor: but it looks sweeeet!

Anyway, what is the AFM? this is what ive got - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ssPageName=WDVW

all 3 parts of it.

Now i really dont want to just bolt this cone directly onto the engine, so would i be able to use the piping which holds the original air box on. Also - sensors?? is there any i need to take into consideration?

Just remember with turbo'd cars the induction kits ,in regards to power, differ very little as a turbo motor forcibly sucks the air in anyway regardless of what type of filter youve got. I know some1 with a rev3 with str8 thru zorst, chip and STOCK airbox...he has over 300bhp.

The main thing to be concered about is heat and filtration (this is why most racecars run airboxes not fancy induction cone designes). The apexi is best for filtration..for heat? just make a heat sheild. Induction kits only REALLY matter if your running an NA car.

I have one simply cos the sound is farkin barkin...wwwhhooOOOOOOOSH!!! Rice on.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links