Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Brought My 1st Mr2 !

boundsw

:D :D :D

Well I am the happy owner of my 1st MR2 Turbo !!

So hello to all you lot !!.

I have posted a thread earlier regarding a TT i am having a probelm fitting but want to know my first mods for more BHP !!! :lol:

At present the car is a (almost) standard REV 1 Turbo. This is what I have so far.

Performance Air filter

Stainless single side exhaust

Blitz TT

G-reddy Boost Guage (yet to fit !!! - roll on the weekend !)

So once my Boost gauge is on...whats 1st ??

I have a bleed valve, but am not sure if i should fit it reading some thread ??

whats my fuel cut as standard on a rev 1?

how far can I really go with a bleed valve ?!!?!?

de-cat pipe - is it worth it?

bit stuck as to where to really go next !?!?!

looking on other sites people recon e-manage is the way to really be safe as well ?!

HELP ME Decide, cheers guys !!

I know mate, tell me about it, i just picked it up from london the other day, i never owned a rear wheel drive before, i was fun to say the least on the way home !!

Just wanna get started on those 1st mods now - i cant stop fidiling with it, im like a kid with a new toy !!! I love it !! haha

I just bought a FCD as the more and more mods i put on im going to need it, even putting on a Downpipe could cause the fuel to cut hence the need for a FCD. So im waiting for it to be delivered then next year downpipe and boost controller :D

http://www.twosrus.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=144

If you dont have one get one of these

Welcome to the club mate :thumbsup:

Forget about modding mate for the next few months, maintain the car and drive carefully, then go mental in the summer - best advice i can give you.

Did you say its a REV 1!! :eek:

DONT GO OUT OF 2ND GEAR!! HA HA, WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF, WOOO AHHHH AIIIIEEEEEEE, HOOOLY SH@@@@@@@T!! ha ha - im sure it will be fun tho!

Enjoy :D

Cheers :thumbsup:

Yeah, I have heard of these FCD units.

But is this true ? - I have heard this and was unsure ?!?!

FCD raise the fuel cut point of your ECU to a level set by you.

However a stock ECU can only fuel to a certain point anyways.

Example !: a stock ECU on a rev one can only fuel to match lets say 14psi absolute maximum !!

But you set the FCD to 15 psi so the ECU is 'tricked' into thinking it has not reached fuel cut!

(FCD alters the signal to the ECU doesnt it - 'tricking it') - please tell me if im wrong ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

so your ECU is now only fueling to match 14psi of boost (whcih it thinks its runing - beacuse thats the max it can ?!?!? - but it is really running 15 psi and being tricked !!!?????

Result - underfueling !!!

is this all complete rubbish im talking about.....please correct me if im wrong.

remember im new to this, and this is just arumour ive heard....dont want to damage my new baby !!!

Yeah i know REV 1's have their handling downsides...but i was on a bit of a budget....and wanted to go jap !!! so rev one it is for now :)

Rev 1's are cool mate, a true drivers car!! :thumbsup:

You'l have LAWDS of fun in it!! just make sure you learn how to drive it first and dont go for POWER!!!!! 220 bhp is fast enough believe me :eek::eek::eek:

So you've learnt how to drive it....

Then id go for - FCD then de cat. by doing this and uppping the boost you'l see and feel a significant power gain - up to 40 bhp!! thats 260 bhp!!

Then, intercooler (very important!! - you need to keep that engine cool) and if you want a big power turbo you can slap it on!

Then with money you'l go over the 300 bhp mark and with more work the skys your limit!!!

Id take it to aroung 270 - 280 bhp and put NOS on it. Then you wont have big turbo lag and an extra 100bhp with a flick of the switch!! - oh, sdespite what everyone sais about NOS, it cools your engine as you use it, BUT if set up wrong does the opposie and melts it!! ha ha

Now youve done this - pull up along side a scooby, skyline and smoke em all!!! :lol:

Sorry there boys, the boy racer in me had to come out! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links