Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Winder Switch Fried?

mr2mk1g

My electric window switch has gone on the blink. It winds down but then I have to spend 3-4 frantic minutes of pulling on the button before it winds back up. I’ve now given up on it in case it stays down for good.

What’s the most likely cause – is the switched fried or is this more likely to be simply damp from the leaky t-bar and cold weather?

(mk2 by the way)

swap it for the passenger side one, see if its the same , maywell be the window mechanism , i use some wd40 or light oil down the sides of the window rubbers on my vitara - frees them up no problems at all. cant see a switch costing much anyways say £ 20 ish as a guess. call fensport see if they have any used ones.

the window motor is a common fault, best bet is to speak to rev6 or toyota celica breakers.

I went to TCB before rev 6 opened up and got a replacement motor for £47 inc. Shipping, Toyota wanted over £200.....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links