Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Something For Nothing....

stgeorge

So few months back I popped in here as I was looking for an MR2 (found one - thanks Rash!) and also wanted to get the best price on insurance, dont we all!? So took some advice (rhaines I think so thanks mate!) and phoned Chris Knott. Turned out they were too expensive so went with Axa in the end but about 10 days ago I get a call......

Apparently when I asked for a quote I automatically entered into a free prize draw, all they needed was my model and I would be the proud owner of a pair of break disks!! And look what arrived this morning :D :

brakes.jpg

(Sorry about the crap pic - that is picture phones for you but you get the picture ;) )

Now I know nothing about this sort of thing except they are DBA (Disk Brakes Australia) Slotted disks (DBA 582SR). So I guess the question is are they any good, as I cant find a UK reseller for them?? And what should I do with them, bearing in mind that I had new disks and pads fitted about 2 months ago (but not slotted) :ffs: should have waited!

So there we go - not all insurance companies are scheming, robbing evil :censor: especially as they got no money out of me this time :thumbsup:

That's not bad going especially as you didn't go ahead with their quote...

nice one buddy :)

private sale or eBay I guess then :)

Hmmm... wonder if they would fit an mx-5 :D

couldnt find a decent 2 quick enough :(

the mx is fun but needs more power... Wish I had the money for the turbo/SC or even sillier 5.0l camaro conversion :)

DBA are supposed to be pretty good. You've done well.  :thumbsup:

Cheers mate - anything free is a good thing in my book!! not sure I can justify changing my new disks at the moment although I have no doubt they are considerably better than the ones I put on. They may well find themselves on eBay sometime in the new year!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links