Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Towing An Mr2... In A Mr2...

Jimlad

possible ? sensible ??

Basically need to get ricos car from the garage tomorrow. Sensible idea to tow it from my car ?

Cant see why not. I was towwed a few weeks ago by an E34 BMW and it was fine :yes: . Once you get going the steerings fine. Obviously be carefull with the brakes as well there arnt any :lol: . and put the ingition to the on position so you can use the indicators.

Just take it easy and go either early in the morning or late at night to avoid traffic ;)

cool... it will be early morn, so hopefully not bad traffic wise. Was just thinking because the MR2 is rwd and in the Jap manual it has a big red cross splatted on a MR2 towing something. Which tends to make you think that they don't want you to for some reason.

Jap manual it has a big red cross splatted on a MR2 towing something. Which tends to make you think that they don't want you to for some reason.

Just had a look in my UK manual and the only cross it has is for towing by a sling type truck as it will damage the body work. (front wheels in the air) :thumbsup:

So you will be OK towing either by rope or bar ;)

:lol: haha I got upto about 40mph. the BMW has an auto box so was extra smooth and you couldn't feel it tugging. That will be a problem on the MR2 tho, so be carefull :P

Ouch!! Sounds dangerous where you two are concerned!! lol (no offence intented!) lol

Its cool folks, garage said the car will be ok to drive for a few miles as long as i take it easy and dont let it over heat.

Cheers for the info peeps :thumbsup:

Jim towing Rico would have been like letting a balloon go! PHrrrrrrrrrrrrp! Can just see it now, Rico's car wagging about behind Jim's as he hits 130 on the way home :lol:

I've got footage of me being towed but a turbo..... I was sat on a desk chair - it was quite painfull when I fell off and landed on my wrist.....

The things we get up to when the carpark is empty!!!!

Merry crimbo all,

Matt.

It's when Jim has a momentary slip of concentration and forgets all about Rico behind him! :D

Hope you get your car sorted Rico.

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links