Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

De-cat And Sport Exhaust

Ismael

Hi guys,

another problem to share...

I have a rather high fuel consumption with my 1.0 L vitz. Approx 8L /100km compared to some doing 6L/100km !

I have de-cat and changed my original exhasut with a sport one. And I have been told that these may be the cause of such fuel consumption ??

The 1.0 L is usually very economical.

So :help:

How far is the de-cat system and exhaust related to fuel consumption

and also, what cud b other reasons for a high fuel comsumption ?? :(

Ismael

Your exhaust and de-cat won't help thats for sure! Neither will your induction kit for that matter!

Other than that I can't help! :thumbsup:

the problem is more likely your right foot.

100% correct. Induction kit on a 1.0 will jigger your consumption, but a de-cat shouldn't have any effect what-so-ever, all that bit is doing is getting rid of the fumes from that fuel you are burning!

:thumbsup:

Thx mate...coz I could not think putting the cat again and original exhaust. I will try to drive the car properly and see the effect on the consumption.

:group-cuddles:

Thx thx thx

Ismael

With the induction kit and de-cat your car will be breathing easier allowing more air in and out....

de-cat and indution kit will defo decrease your mpg even before your right foot comes into play :D

My normal driving style (i.e. thrashing it most of the time - whithin the speed limit thank you) I get around 31/32mpg. I then drove like a granny for a week and got 44/45mpg. That's in a 1.5L, so I'm sure the 1.0L could do much more.

How the hell do you get 31/32mpg when thrashing it? I get that in a 1.3! I must really be thrashing it... yet im not... only occasionally... im confused! All this mpg stuff is a load of auntie's panties! If you go up hill it's worse, down hill it's better, if you brake it's worse, if you accelerate... it's worse. If you put it in neutral, it uses more fuel than just coasting in a gear with or without your foot on clutch, yet coasting uses too much too. Doing a long trip decreases it too unless you do 100 miles at 40mph... downhill.

It's crazy, that's why i said balls to it and i just drive however the hell i like... heck, it's only money after all! I have a fun car... im a fun person... mix the two... that's one fun drive! (except for the passenger with their head outta the window!)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links