Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ist Gear Boost

nivek

cant seem to get more than 10 psi in ist gear when i set g-valve to 13psi in all other gears without problem. Car has stock ct26 with exhaust and de-cat. Is this normal? also second gear gets to 13psi and gradually drops to 10psi at higher revs.

thanks

If its the same as my celica, there`s a device to stop it developing full boost in 1st and 2nd gears (Forgotten the relevent acronym at the mo) Most get disconnected along the way.

Not sure if it`s the same on a tubby tho. :unsure:

Im sure Its not to do with anything fancy like the vsv gettin inlvolved. Its more to do with the load placed on the engine/turbo in 1rst gear is so little the gear will get clocked to the redline before max boost is achieved. 2nd gear and onwards full boost is achieved as theres sufficient load on the engine. All my m8s turbo'd motors are the same from skyline to evo.

Im sure Its not to do with anything fancy like the vsv gettin inlvolved. Its more to do with the load placed on the engine/turbo in 1rst gear is so little the gear will get clocked to the redline before max boost is achieved. 2nd gear and onwards full boost is achieved as theres sufficient load on the engine. All my m8s turbo'd motors are the same from skyline to evo.

Agree'd :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

:yes:

If you really want to test it, find a steep inclined hill, even apply handbrake slightly once rolling then give it full boot, this will confirm the engine load theory.

You need to work the engine to get full boost.

Also if you rev and slip the clucth a bit in neutral you can make it so you have instint boost...almost like antilag :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links