Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looking For Alloys

cfc1

I am looking for a set of 17" black and silver/chrome wheels for my 2001 1.0l GS.

Any pics or links would be helpfull tnx in advance :)

Hi, i wouldnt advise you on getting 17's as they are a pain in the **** i had them on my car for 2 days and i took them off.All i could hear was the rear scrubbing while turning with 3 ppl in the car. So i have took them off and got 16" i can now have 5 people in my car and the wheels dont scrub.Just depend how many peolpe you will be having in your car.

Hi, i wouldnt advise you on getting 17's as they are a pain in the **** i had them on my car for 2 days and i took them off.All i could hear was the rear scrubbing while turning with 3 ppl in the car. So i have took them off and got 16" i can now have 5 people in my car and the wheels dont scrub.Just depend how many peolpe you will be having in your car.

Do you know what the offsets of the wheels wee ie the ET number?

i have been told with the correct offset there should be no rubbing... i got 195x50/15 on at the moment so 205x40/17 is the same rolling radius so as far as bottoming out goes it should be ok... except wen i go camping it bottoms out slightly( 2 adults 3 kids.. and 9 man tent tables beds cooker etc lol ) yes it all fitted with the help of a roofbox :)

You should be able to get 17's on your car considering you get the right tyre size and offset. For a set of 17's you should be looking at 205/40/17 with an offset of ET38. Other offsets may fit however this has proven to be he best for the yaris. I also agree with V_5AAD, if your always gonna have 4-5 people in the car, go for 16's instead. Here are a few designs i like, can't decide which ones to get for my own car.

Fox Racing RS-1 (picture is of 5 stud however, they are also available in 4 stud)

FoxRS-1.jpg

Arospeed RS-GT

ArospeedRS-GT.jpg

ET40 wil apprently be best or get 195/40/17 tyres not cheap but isnt tyres your trade anyway?

Yes i am in the tyre trade but in just over 15 years i have never seen or heard of any manufacturer that makes them.

I know i need a 7J wheel the ET number refers to how far the wheel sits from the strut or inner wing of the car so i would imagine that the smaller i can get here the better???... so as not to foul the wheel arch... the smallest fit listed seems to be an ET of 38.

205x40/17 has more or less the same rolling radius as the following.....

195x50x15 (which i have now with no problems)

175x65/14 (which were standard)

155x13 (aka 155x80/13) also standard on aome models.

So 205x40 /17 should be ok if the offset is correct :)..

Anyone else have problems with fitting 17"???

That body kit is !Removed! awful. Looks like it's been sat on by an elephant and squeezed forward! Nasty!

dont get RS-GT's they are common, chavvy and crap

get some proper japanese rims, more chance of being unique and will look a ton better

dont get RS-GT's they are common, chavvy and crap

get some proper japanese rims, more chance of being unique and will look a ton better

any links???

^ R-Sport for me.. Gunmetal or Chrome..  :drool:

yep i like them too... just trying to see if they are available in 17"

They offer staggered fitments for the likes of the MR2 17 x 7, 17x 8 and even do a 15" split rim design exclusively for the Yaris.
R-Sport (Avaiable in Silver, Bronze, Gun Metal and Chrome (extra £40 p/w))

15" x 5" - £210 - 5.4kg

15" x 6" - £215 - 5.5kg

15" x 6.5" - £220 - 5.6kg

15" x 7" - £225 - 5.7kg

15" x 8" - £245 - 5.9kg

Hmm, PM or call Kevin..

Damn nice tho..

just tried to give envy a call but being hogmany its closed ( hope they enjoy a well erned holiday).. but i did notice that one of the phone numbers ...

Tel: 01670 823333 (multiple lines)

Mobile: 07*** 033 044 ( not shown to give him peace over the holidays :) )

Fax: 01670 843000

is the same number as Toyo tyres direct order line **** 033044. (not fully shown... its wholesale only )

wonder if envy knew this? lololol

• 2 weeks later...

OK finally got my wheels fitted... opted for a set of Kei Racing RSS INNOX in gunmetal grey :).

I think it looks sweet sets car off a treat will post piccies as soon as i get descent weather to take some.

NOTE; i got 7x17.. PCD 4x100.. ET42 no problems what so ever :)

Thanks to Envy :thumbsup:

pics when u can mate :thumbsup: be good 2 see

:unsure: i actually like that bumper on the photoshoped yaris, looks better than the carzone IMO

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links