Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Pix Of The Car (ae111 Trueno Bz-v)

CozmoNz

I duno, i havnt seen many of these on these forums, so heres mine: (after a bit of a clean, i took a bling foto or 2)

P1010580.JPG

Blacktop 20v vvt

bz-v.jpg

Preddy ^_^

bz-v2.jpg.jpg

Bling bling foto, what do you guys think? i really havnt seen many on this site, so if you have any questions, ill be happy to answer.

Oh and yeh, it is superstrut.

thats a nice lookin' levin. i dont know about the u.k. but here in ireland,theyre starting to import them by the dozen.theyre not exactly common though.

i rekon the back of them look like a s15 silvia

Nice looking car you have got there my friend. love the alloys mate :thumbsup: What size are they??

jerry!!

Yay, some responces ^_^

they are 17's 205/60 to be exact on the tires.

Advanti Racing Reno's, i posted the engine because i wasnt sure if you guys got that engine over there, its 1.6 N/a and its *ment* to be making 165 hp, same as the supercharged ones, of course, toyota upped all their engines around that time it seems, but the supercharge ones and the blacktop are on par with each other, same qmile time etc.

Im planning on sticking a supercharger bottom end on, rebuild the lot, toda valve train kit, and some high lift, short duration cams to go with the supercharger, then trade it over to turbo, run 18psi, should go hard.

so, Blacktop, 20v, Turbo, with Mild cams >.> hoping for 200-240hp, ive seen 400hp from that setup, so im sure 200-240 is easily capaible.

time to carve some type r's i think :)

im Soooooooooo jealous of that car!! if only we could still get them imported over here :(

Looking good. You could always just go for the HKS 20 Valve turbo kit - as long as your pockets are very deep.

Since im bored..... heres the list of chances they did to the blacktop over the silvertop.

Intake...

-Airbox, larger capacity and bigger entrance.

-Trumpets are now made of rubber (silvertop are plastic), and are bigger in diameter (approximately the same length)

-TB now have a 45mm butterfly as opposed to the 43mm of the silvertop.

-TB's have a taper to the floor of the TB which mates into a taper in the manifold. IE TB to manifold face the TB looks like a D with the bottom of the TB filled in. Silvertop TB's have no taper in the floor, floor taper only occurs in the manifold.

- Manifold has slightly different shape to port entrance. A smoothing of the teardrop shape as introduced on the facelift silvertop. Ports are also bigger.

- Vacuum balancel now cast into the face of the manifold. Silvertop runs with an external collector based under the TB's.

- Blacktops are MAP sensored whereas Silvertops run AFM.

HEAD...

- Bigger intake port.

- Small port dividers. Silvertop has none.

- Open combustion chamber, silvertop has squish bands on both inlet and exhaust. (closed combustion chamber)

- Exhaust port is approximately 20% bigger in volume than the Silvertop.

- Cam Bucket fences are remoulded to hold more oil, but appear to allow for more cam lift.

- Additional support ribbing from sparkplug holes to cambearing platforms.

- Inlet cam has slightly more lift.

- Anyone cc'ed the combustion chambers?

INTERNALS.

- Same Crank. Based upon P/N. Also viewing cranks.

- Rods, noticeably lighter, smoother radiuses on all projections/ joins.

- Pistons have smaller valve relief’s in surface. Silvertop has 5 pronounced valve releases, Blacktop only 3 intake are visible. 2 Exhaust do not exist.

BLOCK....

- Blacktop uses a hydrolic cam belt tensioner whereas the Silvertop uses a spring arrangement.

GENERAL...

Exhaust manifold is much larger to mate to the larger exhuast ports.

Compression ratio raised to 11:1 from 10.5:1 on the silvertop.

They *make* the same torque and 5 more hp, but thats complete bs, ive raced seval silvertops, all ive left in shame, and not by about a metre, im talking easily 2-3 car lengths, these are both 1.6's weighing the same remember.

these cars do quarters anywhere between high 14's to low 16's, depends on tires, and the driver.

they are on par with the B16a (however honda boys wont admit it), for mods they arnt, it never went to america so you cant get half as many parts.

oh and that kit, i think thats for the stock pistons, which run **** high compression, since we only have 96 as our *high octane*, id ping more than a group of guys playing ping pong ;).

eitherway i think first up some adjustable coilovers are in order.

Oh Mods:

-Toms Panel Filter

-Exhaust (2 and a quarter from the headers back, 2 18" resinators, and a rps exhaust) (Race pro systems).

-Mags, sorry my bad above, they are 205/40/17's with 2" negitive camber on the back wheels, none on the front (yet, they are bald, so ill get new tires and reset the camber to 2" neg). this back end wont slide out even if it is fwd!!!!

Thats all ive really done, ive gotta choose either high revving N/a or Turbo soon.... since anymore cash into the blacktop base, will be a waste.

anyway thanks yo ^_^ anymore questions *i love this thread*

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links