Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Or Slightly Used T-spirit?

Blue84

Hi All,

I am seriously considering upgrading to a T-Spirit next year before the Aygo comes out and am not sure what would be best.

I currently have a Yaris 1.0L T3 which has done nearly 6200 miles since March which is well looked after and kept nicely too. When I get a T-Spirit would it be better to go for a brand new one or a slightly used one? I know that a new 3 door 1.0L T-Spirit is £10,295 with Met Paint..

I know things like depreciation etc are a factor...and used T3's similar to mine are either for sale at around £6995-£7,295 possibly a tad higher at the moment which equals a loss of about £1500 which is less than what I was expecting...

Any thoughts anyone?

Blue

Hey Blue..!

You've had your mind set on getting a T-Spirit for a while so I would say go for it! As for used or new... you could save a bit by getting a used one but you'll have to have a long think about what you want to do. All the best with whatever you decide! :)

New T-Spirit i'd say. You won't loose much with trading for your very well looked after Jade and you'll have all the goodies the T-Spirit comes with. :thumbsup:

Have I ever told you that I really like that light blue colour :P .

Go the T-Spirit!

Yves.

definitely new

although list price for 1.0 3 door might be 10300ish, you should be able to get it down to less than 9500.

Go for the new! That way you get the car you want and not someone elses sloppy seconds! :D

Are you waiting for the brand brand new Yaris to come out late next year? Perhaps see if you can put in an order for one of those - they look so cool!

Although in Jades defense, she is a lovely little car but I know you have wanted to upgrade for ages....

The sale price of used T3's of Jades age arent a factor though as the value of them would be less than £6995-£7,295 - they just bunk up the prices to their margins. Parkers reckon a Yaris of Jades age would be £5855 private sale or a part ex value of £5580, so it'd be around the max 6k mark, which is still quite good depreciation wise.

Are you considering the 1.3 engine or are you gonna be sticking with the 1.0?

Thanks for the replies people :)

Em I am probably going to stick with the 1.0L as it is so cheap to run and it is incredibly nippy and powerful. However if I have the money for a 1.3 then I will go for it to help when I have a loaded up car etc.

I want a phase 2 T-Spirit..I'm not that keen on the Aygo to be honest. According to Toyota the Aygo is gonna be introduced below the Yaris..I thought it was going to the the Yarii replacement :blink:

the more I think of it the more I lean towards getting a new one!!

no theres a new yaris, and then theres the Aygo (yuk)

Id get a 1.3 you wont ever get any performance struggles with full loads etc.

go for a new 1.3....i think its only 500 extra (?) but you'll appreciate it on the motorway and carrying loads...also, not that much less economical.

what colour you thinking of?

go for a new 1.3....i think its only 500 extra (?) but you'll appreciate it on the motorway and carrying loads...also, not that much less economical.

what colour you thinking of?

Right thats more saving up I need to do then ;)

I currently have Island Green and I really like it so I might stay with it..then again my Mum said to me that as it'll be a new year and a new car I should get a new colour but I dunno!! I like the green :yes:

What color do you have?

Why don't you wait to the brand new Yaris is introduced and then the current Yaris will have rock bottom prices! Should be before the end of next year! Thats what I'm probably doing, holding out till then and then getting a T-Sport more than likely! :thumbsup:

Go for a Carlo Blue and join the"Carlo Blue Crew".........and it will match your forum name. :)

Why don't you wait to the brand new Yaris is introduced and then the current Yaris will have rock bottom prices! Should be before the end of next year! Thats what I'm probably doing, holding out till then and then getting a T-Sport more than likely! :thumbsup:

I didn't think of that actually! I still cant believe I thought the Aygo was going to the current Yaris replacement lol :D.

Red Yaris 54 - I still am leaning towards the Island Green cos it is a really nice colour!

when the new yaris comes out, where would the best place be to get a cheap "old" but new yaris (i.e. the current yaris, fresh from the factory)

would it be the dealer....i would have thought that their prices would stay the same till the end or do they slash 'em to get rid of the cars?

when the new yaris comes out, where would the best place be to get a cheap "old" but new yaris (i.e. the current yaris, fresh from the factory)

would it be the dealer....i would have thought that their prices would stay the same till the end or do they slash 'em to get rid of the cars?

I would imagine they would slash them there to get rid of old stock - like right now, Ford are slashing up to 3k off the old Focus because the new one lands on Jan 1st and they wanna get rid!

Its Ford as a company that are doing it, not the dealers, so the dealers will retain their margins.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links