Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Questions

SMW

Yaris Boys and Girls

A couple of questions for ya as I am seriously considering getting a D4D for the work journey.

Bit of a novice on Yaris so any help appreciated:

1. On Toyota site the T2 and T3 has air con as an option extra – can’t believe any new cars don’t have air as standard these days so is this correct ? If it is an option how much is it ?

2. T2 only available in Red, white or Silver – is this right ?

3. Is the 5 door stronger than the 3 door ?

4. Is Yaris due to be replaced by this thing ‘Aygo’ (when ?)

Toyota-aygo.jpg

Thanks very much for your help.

Steve

Yaris Boys and Girls

A couple of questions for ya as I am seriously considering getting a D4D for the work journey.

Bit of a novice on Yaris so any help appreciated:

1. On Toyota site the T2 and T3 has air con as an option extra – can’t believe any new cars don’t have air as standard these days so is this correct ? If it is an option how much is it ?

2. T2 only available in Red, white or Silver – is this right ?

3. Is the 5 door stronger than the 3 door ?

4. Is Yaris due to be replaced by this thing ‘Aygo’ (when ?)

Toyota-aygo.jpg

Thanks very much for your help.

Steve

1. The T-Spirit and T-Sport have air con as standard, I'm not sure how much it costs to have it as extra to a T2 or T3 - possibly about £500?

2. According to the website, the T2 only comes in three colours so I would take that as gospel...

3. I couldnt possibly say, as I've only driven/owned a 3 door, but I can tell you its an incredibly safe car, 4 start NCAP rating!

4. No the Yaris is being replaced with the new Yaris late next year. The Aygo is going to be the new baby Toyota - the new Toyota supermini, and the Yaris will be next in the heirarchy, followed by the Corolla.

Hope that helps a bit!

(Get a T-Spirit! lol)

Em

xx

Whatever you decide you won't be disappointed with the D4D!

Urban (mpg): 53.3

Extra Urban (mpg): 74.3

Combined (mpg): 64.2

:thumbsup:

Hiya

1) I have a T3 and it doesnt have air con..I believe it'll cost £900 to install which is pretty pointless as you might as well just get a T-Spirit for a grand or so more and get the other extra's with it (I am upgrading to a T-Spirit next year).

2) Not sure about that - but as it is such a basic model I wouldnt be surprised.

3) Again not sure - I would think that the 5door may have a stronger frame to allow for the weight of the two rear doors..but that just my logic.

4) I was on the toyota site yesterday reeading about the Aygo and it said that it will become the model below the Yaris so I am sure they are not discontinuing it yet.

Blue

I just remembered and in answer to your second question... you can get a T2 in balearic blue as well... I used to park next to one..! :D So I would have thought you can get it in whatever colour really? Not sure tho.

I just remembered and in answer to your second question... you can get a T2 in balearic blue as well... I used to park next to one..! :D So I would have thought you can get it in whatever colour really?  Not sure tho.

Actually I also saw a balearic blue T2 on Christmas Eve aswell..I know it's a limited edition colour so isnt being manufactured anymore but they do exist!

if you really want AC you might as well go for a t-spirit...not that much extra with loads of extra goodies.

nonetheless....great choice!

ps...anyone else agree that aygo looks ugly!

good choice of car for a DOM :P

great lickle car goes well on a run too unlike some smaller

cars that give you backache when you get to your destination.

go for the tspirit then you get your aircon.

as for the Aygo have to see it in real life b4 i can say as to if i like

it or not :unsure:

The only way the 5-door would be safer is if you had a really nasty crash and people were in the back, as it's far harder to get them out of a 3 door. Other than that, the structure is equal strength.

I think the 3 door would be stronger, less joins less glass and the structure would be more rigid.

Take away the doors from a 3 and 5 door and you will see what I mean.

In my opinion, i too think that the 3 door would be stronger and safer, but... the protection bars in the doors of the yaris are pretty big... so the 5 door might be stronger in a side impact. But at the end of the day, either version is super safe! But i'd personally say the 3 door was safer... look at DA! She survived smiling! Good old Yaris!

But i'd personally say the 3 door was safer... look at DA! She survived smiling! Good old Yaris!

lol well not quite smiling, but yes I survived! :D

I agree - cracking little car indeed! :D

lol well not quite smiling, but yes I survived!  :D

I agree - cracking little car indeed!  :D

You know what i mean! You could walk away... id be smiling!

That Argo is coming out in March or May next year (2005) I have a chart of all the cars to be released.

March shows the Colt CZT (3 Door) and the Nissan 350z convertable :)

I bought a d-4d 'just for commuting' but I've been blown away by the torque from such a small engine.

I really fancy a tuning box for my diesel, the going rate is from 75hp 125ft/lb to 93hp 170ft/lb ... not bad for a car as light as the yaris?

Try Graham at www.naughtycartuning.com, I had my smart remapped by this company a few years ago and as soon as my finances recover after Xmas I'll be calling him.

No connections or favours, I just rate him.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links