Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pics Wanted Of Std Mr2 Leather Seats

dudeone

Hi,

I am looking to buy one of the above; I have just contacted Rogue systems (Tnx Fitz) as they have both types listed at my price range YIPEEEEEEE.

I have only seem full leather seats from the side view in cr*p pics at best so I would like if possible some good pics of full leather seat and if poss the half leather versions as well.

Thanx for everyone’s help :thumbsup:

Dave

I didn't realise there were 2 versions, full and half??

These are the ONLY one's Iv'e ever seen:

12.jpg

Cheers

KiwiMR2

The higher spec N/A's had full leather in the UK (not sure about imports). So they are prolly out of one of those.

Verrrry nice. Get the door cards too if you can. :thumbsup:

The quality of these pics leaves a bit to be desired as they were taken on my phone, they are full leather seats from a UK NA. I always thought this was standard on the UK car but now I am not so sure?

Anyway hope the pics help......

seat1.jpg

seat2.jpg

I had 1/2 leather on my car originally and tbh I prefer it over full leather. IMHO you slide about too much in the full leather. Then again it might be because I'm used to my seats.

mine has full leather,i know they werent standard as they dont look straight, the passenger seat rubs against the centre console and the drivers seems more towards the window, is there any difference in the frames between jap and uk?

they look like stgeorges seats but the part thats cloth on others has lots of small holes, hard to describe

I understood from what I have read that full leather was what all UK T bars had and the jap spec had the half leather.

I've also seen a cream leather in an MR2 and I'd love to know if that is standard or not.

I understood from what I have read that full leather was what all UK T bars had and the jap spec had the half leather.

I've also seen a cream leather in an MR2 and I'd love to know if that is standard or not.

Ive been on Rogue systems website and they say the same as you regarding the leather spec, never seen cream leather in a 2 B4, wonder if it was std or they had it custom made.

never seen cream leather in a 2 B4, wonder if it was std or they had it custom made.

Dunno, but If I do get a black 2 as I want, I certainly plan to have cream leather be it standard or custom :D

never seen cream leather in a 2 B4, wonder if it was std or they had it custom made.

Dunno, but If I do get a black 2 as I want, I certainly plan to have cream leather be it standard or custom :D

I know that Rogue systems also make the seats to your spec £528 so that would be an option if you could not get them any other way.

When I restored my classic car this year, I could not get the seats reapired with the same colour material. The upholsterer who did the repair sold me a spray on dye that works on vinyl and leather and is permanent. It's not showed any signs of wear so far and they can colour match if you provide a sample. It just so happens my Rover has cream leather so I think I'll be taking an off cut from under the seat just incase I go down that route.......was only £30 a can which should be enough for the seats, door cards and all.

All depends on the condition of the interior of the car I buy.

When I restored my classic car this year, I could not get the seats reapired with the same colour material. The upholsterer who did the repair sold me a spray on dye that works on vinyl and leather and is permanent. It's not showed any signs of wear so far and they can colour match if you provide a sample. It just so happens my Rover has cream leather so I think I'll be taking an off cut from under the seat just incase I go down that route.......was only £30 a can which should be enough for the seats, door cards and all.

All depends on the condition of the interior of the car I buy.

Fitz,

Is the stuff you got from this place

www.frost.co.uk

I have their catalogue and have seen it in there and thought about giving it a try.

Russ

I would post mine, but my webspace is down :(

mine isa uk T top, full black leather, premium sounds etc etc..

the leather seems really good quality, mines done 150K miles and still looks really good!!!

I'll put my anorak on and clarify the full/half leather seats thing (for UK cars at least)...

UK T-Bars had full leather, UK sunroofed cars had cloth, there was no 'option' - it was down to whether you chose the T-Bar or not.

Half leather or cloth was for Jap cars. (leather as standard for the GT & G-Limited ? option for the GT-S ?)

No I did not buy the stuff from Frosts and it's not the same make. I have spent many hundereds of pounds at frosts but not on that product. I guess it would work just as well.

I'll pop to my garage in the next day or two and pull out the can. I kept it for future reference. I'll let you know the make and full details if poss.

I bought it from an auto upholsterer in Bromley, South East London.

Half leather or cloth was for Jap cars. (leather as standard for the GT & G-Limited ?  option for the GT-S ?)

AFIA Standard on GT's, option on GT-S & G-limited :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links