Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Blow Off Valve

andy_twincams

91 mr2 with greedy blow off valve but set up as resercultaing so pulled pipe of an block it of,reved car nowt no dump?fidled with vacum hose and all i could get was a high pitched sqeel?help me is it bin foder

91 mr2 with greedy blow off valve but set up as resercultaing so pulled pipe of an block it of,reved car nowt no dump?fidled with vacum hose and all i could get was a high pitched sqeel?help me is it bin foder

Which bit did you block? If you don't want recirculating then you should block the hole in the big inlet duct but if you block the hose from the dump valve it won't be able to let the air out, and so won't be able to dump. You'd squeal too if someone block your dump hole.

You don't need it to be under load to dump. I got ours to dump on the drive yesterday by pulling on the throttle in the engine bay, demonstrating to a mate and the damn Cliffie locked the !Removed! doors. Good job I had the spare keys handy.

yah always beware of cliffords locking the doors when playing with the engine :eek:

i had that on the yaris!

You'd squeal too if someone block your dump hole. :lol:

no i blocked the hole back to the inlet so it wasnt suckin in air,reved nowt.so it wasnt even reserculating?but there was 2vacum hoses 1to the top and another to the bottom but both conected to the single vacum to the inlet?removed the bottom and started sqeuling??help

but there was 2vacum hoses 1to the top and another to the bottom but both conected to the single vacum to the inlet?removed the bottom and started sqeuling??help

I would have thought if you wanted to dump to atmosphere, you'd need to remove the pipe from the inlet to the BOV and block the hole in the inlet and leave any other pipes on. If you remove any vacuum pipes it will start sucking in air which will make a squealing noise.

the sqeel was from the dump valve,after the rev it dumped to a fashon but more of a sqeel?

Hello mate

You need to get in contact with a guy called Bibbs or A guy called Jesus. These guys are the mr2 experts on her mate. Do a search mate and pm one of these guys mate they will sort you out :thumbsup:

jerry!!

with the BOV there should really be only two pipes connecting to it. One's a vac hose which goes to the main engine bit... lol. The other heads towards the airfilter section.

You should cut this hose and block it from the airfilter side, leaving the one from the bov open (if you get what I mean ?? )

with the BOV there should really be only two pipes connecting to it. One's a vac hose which goes to the main engine bit... lol. The other heads towards the airfilter section.

You should cut this hose and block it from the airfilter side, leaving the one from the bov open (if you get what I mean ?? )

yeah thats right,but there was too vacums,one to the top as normal then another to the bottom-if you no wot i mean?so the it cancelled it out in a way so it didnt work,till i removed the bottom vacum hose then the best noise i could get was a sqeul??

eh ?? should only be one vac hose as far as I'm aware... or there is on mine anyway.. where does the other one goto ??

You have mentioned your greddy BOV is set up to be a re-circ...therefore I would imagine Greddy didnt really create the BOV to have an appealing audible sound. Perhaps the reason is as simple as that?

eh ?? should only be one vac hose as far as I'm aware... or there is on mine anyway.. where does the other one goto ??

to the bottom of the diafam?

it says on it blow off valve thought?? :help:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links