Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Boot

breezer

Whats the best way to get a template type thing of the boot? obviously cant take the boot mat out as its an all in one with the rest of the cars carpet, and i dont fancy cutting it out.

Just seen a flat boot build for a 207 which took up the whole floor of the boot, but wasnt high - therefore saved space. Im gona do one like this for the yaris, because itl look nice and i can put stuff on top of it.

Ideas people :yes:

Paper or cardboard, it's easy to shape and cut then you can draw around it on mdf for the floor.

i tried paper before, but it sucked, so i scrapped that idea. hmmm cardboard.

what i really need is a spare boot mat. im hoping one comes up on eBay soon.

If your putting a mdf floor in, I suppose you will be covering it so it shouldn't make much difference if you cut the carpet out or not.

Not sure if the phase 1s are the same as the phase 2s but my carpet is in two halfs (joins under the rear seat)

Im hopefully doing the exact same thing tomorrow weather permiting got all my cables laid today

Breezer got mine finished today pretty easy really will get a pic up tomorrow

You can see from the pic where the carpet joins but im not sure if you can tilt the rear seat like this in the phase 1s

DSCF0026.jpg

i shall be doing this also an im sure the pahse 1 carpet joins underneath the seat too,

Dougs if you dont mind me asking what do you do for a living you seem quite hands on?

cool hands on then, im a electrical apprentice and work part time doing office partitions suspended ceilings has its benefits

The JL Audio sub isn't going i now had a change of plan also the vibe comps will probably be going aswell but havn't totaly made up my mind yet

Just about to jump in the shower so will put a pic up in about an hour

that looks sweet. Id do that if i could, BUT MY FLIPPING POWER/REMOTE/RCA CABLES DONT STRETCH THAT FAR.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :(

Is there any way i can extend the wires? Id need about 30/40cm worth.

Thought id do them now before it gets any darker

DSCF0029.jpg

DSCF0031.jpg

Do you not have a spare wheel then?

Yeah cables are long enough so that if i fold down the rear seats i can place the box ontop of that and still get to the spare wheel

that looks sweet. Id do that if i could, BUT MY FLIPPING POWER/REMOTE/RCA CABLES DONT STRETCH THAT FAR.

you could solder the extension wires on, but that is not recomended, better to get a new wiring kit £20-75 depending on the quality

can i not just cut back the plastic coating, bind the two wires together by twisting them tightly, then putting electrical tape around the bare wire to make it safe.

can i not just cut back the plastic coating, bind the two wires together by twisting them tightly, then putting electrical tape around the bare wire to make it safe.

I wouldn't not worth the risk

How about buying a distribution block that way you could extend the power cable for the amp you have now and if you ever want to add another amp its all ready for it

Cost less than a tenner HERE

hows that work dougs?

you put the wire from the Battery into that, then you put another wire into the other side and wire that to the amp?

Bought a wiring kit did we?.. Ah well.. wont do that next time :D

You can just buy the power cable straight off a real.. :thumbsup:

how do i know which one i need? besides the wiring doesnt come with the fuse, and i cant be bothered with fitting a fuse to a wire.

how do i know which one i need? besides the wiring doesnt come with the fuse, and i cant be bothered with fitting a fuse to a wire.

I assume you are talking about the power cable from the Battery? If so you HAVE to have a fuse fitted otherwise if you short out the cable at anytime the Battery could explode and if you're part of the circuit YOU COULD DIE! :eek:

Buying cable off the reel is the best way to go imo. I think maplin do nice 4awg cable for about £5/m and you will need about 3.5m to reach to the back seat/boot (obviously add on how much cable you need to reach your amp in the boot!)

Oh btw Dougs, I like the install! :D

I assume the sub box just sits on top of the box? How do you keep the amp cool?

Oh btw Dougs, I like the install!  :D

I assume the sub box just sits on top of the box? How do you keep the amp cool?

No sub atm well apart from the jl sub sitting on the floor next to me which if any one wants its back up for sale :)

There isn't anythink covering the hole above the amp like perspex or anythink so it should be ok

Plus im ripping it all out when the weather gets a little better and getting rid of the vibe comps that are in the front at the moment and going for a subless install with 3way comps upfront :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links