Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Another Wierd Problem...

Jimlad

ok.. a little while back I reported my car was hitting 1.6bar etc. ( it will be in the garage next week for them to get the actuator (uprated) off, so they can have a look at it ).

Today though.. the dump valve went of while accelerating. While it was going off I couldn't accelerate until I released the throttle. The same thing happened once when a hose came off the BOV.

Anyone got any ideas as to what could be causing this ??? My first instinct is a broken/cracked hose ( due to the fact that it happened in the past when a hose came off ). How much hassle would it be to replace all hoses which could cause this ??

Any info/ideas etc greatfully appreciated.

Jim,

Check the dump valve, valve is returning to the off position - some times they get so full of crap the piston doesn't return and causes a boost leak. I've seen it a few times.

Matt.

happening with both stock and Blitz valve... making me think it's something else. Not 100% confident that my garage knows what's going on either... lol.

Having weird boost probs.. they wanna take the actuator off and "wind it back" ( it's an uprated actuator) to see if that makes a difference.

think it's due to the dizzy cap etc etc... slight loss of power, then the air gets released through the BOV.

Will need to get the dizzy etc replaced asap.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links