Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clean Dashboard

Blue84

Hi All,

Just wanted your opinion on how my dashboard looks..I use "Armourall" interior wipes for it:

dash2812.jpg

dash22812.jpg

dash32812.jpg

Does anyone have any special "tips" for cleaning the dash?

Blue

dont use a spray on ya dash like polish as it bounces up and goes all over the windscreen! which isnt good!

and dont use yellow dusters as thread and fluff gets stuff in all the nooks and crannies!

I use silicon spray from *cough* Britax, which is VERY good..

Basically what Rob said.. Although with the silicon, if you leave it for a while then wipe off, it is really shiny B)

I dont bother cleaning the inside of my car - give me 10 months and I'll have another new one :D :P

I remember using a yellow duster once on Karis - BIG MISTAKE - now I use chamois like Ryan, used to bring it up real good

Although Kaori is still quite clean inside amazingly so I havent even cleaned her yet! :D

Looks sparkling though - fancy doing mine too in a couple of months- its only like 100-ish miles! :D

I dont use anything that leaves a shine... why?... becasue in the summmer it reflects on the windscreen. So whilst driving i can see by dash reflect on the screen.. not good at all.

I use the Pledge dust 'n go cloths for those Swiffer type mop things. It picks up all the dust, smells nice ( ish) and then gets thrown out.

Easy !

Rich

those wipesshould be all that you need, just dont get it on the steering wheel

I use "Armourall" interior wipes for it:

I use them, they are great.

I also use a new paint brush to 'dust' the dash, it gets in all the little places, works a treat

I use microfibre cloths from work on mine. Not that you'd think so at the moment...

Happy New Year to you all btw...

Cheers,

Alan

Erm... i use a few thing! Firstly, i vac the whole dash, use the brush attatchment to get in all the nooks 'n crannies, round the heater bits and stereo buttons... in the steering wheel gaps too... and the air vents. Then i use a microfibre cloth to remove the dust before running a damp chamois over it all and then a tiny bit of pledge with some kitchen roll to give a hint of shine and to protect from the dust!

i use the same wipes! they cool coz they foam first then it dries clean with no smears and not too shiny, they good coz u can use em on all types of plastic and fabrics including the pedals!! cant use on my leather tho <_<

Autoglym interior shampoo spray to start with then I've got my own long hair attachment for the vacuum (the whole family have STRICT instructions not to use it) for the dashboard.

Once over with one of those 99p shoe shine foam pads across the dash and it looks like new.

Once over with one of those 99p shoe shine foam pads across the dash and it looks like new.

No no no! Don't use them... they may give a quick shine, but there's some chemicals in them that can in time deteriorate the plastics in your car! I read it in one of the car mags!

i use the same wipes! they cool coz they foam first then it dries clean with no smears and not too shiny, they good coz u can use em on all types of plastic and fabrics including the pedals!! cant use on my leather tho  <_<

Yeah I was noticing that they foamed a little bit, I thought there might've been a bit too much liquid on the wipes tho lol! It says not to use them on the pedals or on the steering wheel so I dont. I also use them on the door panels, foot scrape things on the doors (I cant remember there proper name lol), all around the handbrake and the panels in the rear of the car/around the back seats :thumbsup:

foot scrape things on the doors (I cant remember there proper name lol),

They would be the door sills! I go over them with a cloth dunked in the solution i use to wash the outside of the car... i go all around the door frames, the boot, bonnet, engine... get it all clean! I then whack the pledge on the door sills... nice and squeeky clean!

there might've been a bit too much liquid on the wipes tho lol! around the back seats  :thumbsup:

:eek:

:lol:

LOL there had better be no liquid on or around my back seats..... :eek: :!Removed!:

By the time i get round to cleaning my dash, it`ll probably need the pressure washer on it. :blink:

By the time i get round to cleaning my dash, it`ll probably need the pressure washer on it.  :blink:

:eek: you should do it asap!! It's also very rewarding to have a clean dash :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links