Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Corollar Lb (4a-fe)

taya

Dear Members,

I'm New Here.

Would like to seek some advise from all toyotas fans.

I'm now driving a Corolla (4A-FE) but thought of changing the engine to 7A-FE.

Can this be fitted into my current corolla? Are there any thing else that I need to change?

Rgds ;)

Dear Members,

I'm New Here.

Would like to seek some advise from all toyotas fans.

I'm now driving a Corolla (4A-FE) but thought of changing the engine to 7A-FE.

Can this be fitted into my current corolla? Are there any thing else that I need to change?

Rgds ;)

Yes its Possible they have the same enginemounts but you need olso the 7A-FE ECU and rewiring it

also could be worth fitting a GE head read they fit some where

Thanks Guys,

I'm now sourcing for a 7A FE. This will be my coming project. I suppose it isn't too complicated. All parts are still able to use and per advises ECU but what's GE head/

hey,

The best bet for your car, would be to put a 4age 20v 1.6 engine in it. This engine pumps out about 165bhp stock, and you could probably get one in good nick for about £1300 ish?

The 4afe and the 7afe engines are very similar, and the HP difference is not that much, about 20hp i think. To look at the engines are very similar. Included in this is the 5afe too.

The 4age 20v engine is a japan engine only, and came in the corolla FX, SJ and BZT which are all top of the range. You would need ecu, transmission, loom, and engine mounts, but its is a straight forward swap. In fact the transmision might be the same? not entirely sure...The engine is 1600cc VVT, and the 20valves give it the power. It also has a lot of torque compared to the UK spec corolla engines.

Hope this helps....

Kamran

BTW what kinda condition is ur 4afe engine in??

• 4 weeks later...
which are all top of the range.  You would need ecu, transmission, loom, and engine mounts,

What's a loom?

:arrgg-matey:

which are all top of the range.  You would need ecu, transmission, loom, and engine mounts,

What's a loom?

:arrgg-matey:

I think he means a Whiringloom

hey,

The best bet for your car, would be to put a 4age 20v 1.6 engine in it.  This engine pumps out about 165bhp stock, and you could probably get one in good nick for about £1300 ish?

The 4afe and the 7afe engines are very similar, and the HP difference is not that much, about 20hp i think.  To look at the engines are very similar.  Included in this is the 5afe too.

The 4age 20v engine is a japan engine only, and came in the corolla FX, SJ and BZT which are all top of the range.  You would need ecu, transmission, loom, and engine mounts, but its is a straight forward swap.  In fact the transmision might be the same? not entirely sure...The engine is 1600cc VVT, and the 20valves give it the power.  It also has a lot of torque compared to the UK spec corolla engines.

Hope this helps....

Kamran

BTW what kinda condition is ur 4afe engine in??

Well buddy, the 4age you're talking about is a levin (AE111) engine rite?

I agreed with you that mounting a 7afe isn't that great difference. I have gone through with my workshop and they don't recommend this too.

My 4afe is still in very good condition. But I need more power to it.

The traffic laws are pretty strict here in singapore therefore 7afe would be the best fit as the looks and mounting is quite identical.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links