Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Modifying A Backbox

armoredfist2002

I was interseted in a fujitsubo backbox and was told they don't fit a phase 2 yaris. Could someone please tell me what would be involved in modifying it to fit, I take it it's just the shape of the pipe from the back of the back box.

I wouldn't have thought the piping for the backbox would have changed, I thought the phase 2 was just a facelift of phase 1.

Personally, i think that if such an expensive exhaust wont fit your car without any mods, its not worth buying. Its like buying an expensive phase 1 bodykit and then modifying it to fit the phase 2. Too much much money involved i think. Best try your local garage for a custom exhaust, thats what i'll be doing with my phase 2 yaris. Thinking about having it relocated to exit at the middle and then getting a carbon diffuser box like the one on Carisma's TVR.

tvr_cerbera_05_big.jpg

231584_290_full.jpg

The only problem i have at the moment is trying to find a rear bumper that would go nicely with the diffuser box :unsure:

Hang about....

The phase one one exhuasts are the same as phase 2, i know this becuase i have an exhuast on my pohase two from lees phase 1...

i think youll find that its becuase its NON TSPORT.....

Thanks

Matt

O god that spoiler is ridicilous!

Needs to be cut down about 1/2 the size. Its wider and higher than the car ffs. STUPID!

Personally, i think that if such an expensive exhaust wont fit your car without any mods, its not worth buying. Its like buying an expensive phase 1 bodykit and then modifying it to fit the phase 2. Too much much money involved i think. Best try your local garage for a custom exhaust, thats what i'll be doing with my phase 2 yaris.

I would get a custom exhaust but the nearest one to me is powerflow and I've heard a few bad things about them

Powerflow

Freeflow

C&C Stainless

Top Gear

Some exhaust companies for you.

But don't you have to visit these places for them to make one for your car, they are a little to far from where I live.

Powerflow seem ok... it depends where you take it though... Aloba tyres are probably best as they have best equipment and garages. Bad points with powerflow exhausts is that the bends they create aren't that strong and are often waaaay thinner than the rest of the piping.

Mongoose exhausts do a full cat-back stainless system for the Yaris for £290.46. It's available through Collins Performance Engineering Ltd (01260279604) or Mongoose site The tail pipe is a single 3.5" rolled design.

Oh, that TVR's rear end is more hideous than margaret thatchers. The standard styling is a work of art on TVR's... why ruin it??

you might wanna try scorpion in st albans (if your close) they quoted me £420 +vat for a twin exit cat-back with carbon box :thumbsup: (same as r-tecs type r civic exhaust)

:bye:

I was interseted in a fujitsubo backbox and was told they don't fit a phase 2 yaris.

Who told you that? Lot of baws!

You can get a Fuji non-power getter mate! :yes:

I was interseted in a fujitsubo backbox and was told they don't fit a phase 2 yaris.

Yep thats right ... cos i'm sure someone has a fujitsubo on their 1.3 SR .. i believe its Super_Retard? But anyway .. it fits! :thumbsup:

You tols me that (quoted from one of my previous posts)

I would talk to Kevin from Envy before buying any exhaust! Is your 1.3 an SR? If it is the Fuji will fit but if it is a phase 2 Yaris the Fuji won't fit anyway! Custom I think is the only route if you want a silly noisey exhaust, from what I can gather the Fuji is pretty loud but not OTT which is the way it should be in my opinion!

heres the link it came from

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...55entry263455

Can someone with a phase 1 yaris and a fujitsubo backbox please take a picture underneath their car of the pipework exiting the backbox and post it on here please so I can see how the pipework goes.

PHASE 1 AND PHASE 2 Are the SAME!!!

S.Rs and Tsports are the same, but different from the normal 1.0 and 1.3.....

You tols me that (quoted from one of my previous posts)
I would talk to Kevin from Envy before buying any exhaust! Is your 1.3 an SR? If it is the Fuji will fit but if it is a phase 2 Yaris the Fuji won't fit anyway! Custom I think is the only route if you want a silly noisey exhaust, from what I can gather the Fuji is pretty loud but not OTT which is the way it should be in my opinion!

Well sorry about that! :rolleyes:

The power getter will NOT fit but the non-power getter will, exact same tailpipie design and there is a picture of it in there: Fuji non-power getter!

I'd go for it! :thumbsup:

thanx for your replies, christmas buggers everything up for the 2 weeks everyone is off and Kevin can't sort anything out untill he's back

Try Sebring or Remus . visit the websites and You can either choose a universal back box or go through the choices to get the model that fits your Yaris

Once you know which you need then either order online or shop around your local Dealers for a better price

My sister got a universal Remus box for her MG ZR . 140 mm pipe . Really cool and sounds nice too

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links