Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dab Radio

jerry phipps

Hi everyone

If you remember i was after a MP3 player. But driving around all day i would have to start to up grading all my music eventually once i have hear all of them. So as a Xmas present my wife brought me DAB radio. And may a say they are wicked. They are so clear.

Also i just love that all you have to do is just press a button to what style of music you want to listen to. If you like hip hop rap r&b hit the button and bang you are listening to 1XTRA cool. If you like Jazz music and theres jazz fm. Overall you got about 25 channel for now and it will be increasing as the demand comes along.

Now for me this is better than the MP3 player as i will always have the latest tune banging in my ear. And I've got the option to listen to other styles of music on the go all in Crystal clear digital sound too :thumbsup: Plus the radio is small enough to fit to the sun visor in the van. So it's all gravy. I'm now happy that i have got tunes in my ears now instead of 10 hours a day with just the engine as entertainment :wacko: And the good thing is that I'm sitting here listening to 1XTRA right now enjoying some banging r&b and hip hop :thumbsup:

Another option that i like is a touch of a button it will tell you the artist and the name of the song playing as well all through the LCD display great stuff ;)

jerry!!

I recieved a DAB Radio for a Christmas pressie :yes: lol Listening to the match at the mo :crybaby: we are losing.

Its very easy to use and so stylish. The reception is so clear no crackling at all.

Thanks B) :group-cuddles:

Hi Asha

Yes they are truly a cool bit of kit dont you think.

jerry!!

That all sounds so cool - arent they a bit on the pricey side though??

They're not the cheapest things yet, but you can get them starting from about fifty quid. Definitely worth it in my opinion

Rich

Hi Asha

Yes they are truly a cool bit of kit dont you think.

jerry!!

Hi mate they are a good bit of kit to have and I might get one for the car soon lol but the one I have is just for the house :)

They're not the cheapest things yet, but you can get them starting from about fifty quid. Definitely worth it in my opinion

Rich

Thats cheaper than I thought! Wow! I suppose with most things though, you are better off getting the slightly more expensive ones.... but starting at £50 is good enough for me!

Rich

And I am so worth it though :rolleyes: and you can borrow it from time to time lol.

i need one for in the car but will have to upgrade my HU ive always to be able to listen to 1xtra!

Hi everyone

DAB radio's are quite cheap if you know where to look. Here's a web site to have a browse on.

http://www.goaudio.co.uk/allprods.php?cate...d05c5d819ee2920

I was quite lucky as my wife work's in a electrical shop doing the accounts so she gets a good discount on all the stuff ;)

jerry!!

If you are considering one of these for the car, you will need to replace the arial cable and in some cases the arial as well ;)

Just to warn of little extra costs that a lot of people are not usualy aware of :)

they are truely brill! a friend has one at work and while normal radios get interfered with by the machinery on the shop floor, this stays crystal clear!

keep meaning to get the DAB box for me motor! :)

you will need to replace the arial cable and in some cases the arial as well ;)

Oh, does that mean we all have to use those Shark Fin aerials like on the new beemers???

Can't wait ! :eek:

Rich

So, what happens for example, if you're listening to a local radio station on your DAB and you go out of range?

I listen to Leicester Sound at home but when I go to Rugby I have to switch to Mercia - (they are both GWR stations) but it gets so crackly as it goes out of range - what would a DAB radio do in that situation?

Also, can you listen to any station or does it have to be a special DAB activated station?

It has to be a DAB broadcast signal ( although most DAB systems will still pick up fm too ). Digital is national, no interference, so distance shouldn't matter. If the stations you listen to aren't broadcasting in DAB at the moment, they soon will be. It's like Digital TV, going to be the norm shortly

Rich

It has to be a DAB broadcast signal ( although most DAB systems will still pick up fm too ). Digital is national, no interference, so distance shouldn't matter. If the stations you listen to aren't broadcasting in DAB at the moment, they soon will be. It's like Digital TV, going to be the norm shortly

Rich

So eventually - no matter where you are, you'll be able to pick up ANY digital station in the UK?

Sounds pretty cool - looks like I'll be saving the pennies for one! :D

Rich

So eventually - no matter where you are, you'll be able to pick up ANY digital station in the UK?

Sounds pretty cool - looks like I'll be saving the pennies for one! :D

You do that you wont regret :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links