Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris And Very Cold (very Low Temperature -20c)

Marko Napoli

At us in many cities of Russia it is a lot of Toyota Vitz. This car is very widespread in all big territory of Russia (much in Siberia).

In the winter in many cities very cold and it is a lot of snow. And many people have a problem with Toyota Vitz. If the temperature - 20c that the car to get (starter) it is impossible. Thus other cars Toyota are normally maintained both-25-c and -30c. Problem only in Toyota Vitz.

Here photos of snow Toyota Vitz of my friend in Yakutsk. It in the city sells Toyota Vitz from Yapan. Every day the machine dig out from a snow.

678.jpg

679.jpg

Now weather in Yakutsk - very cold. And all Toyota Vitz stops.

789.gif

Who knows, in what a problem? Why at strong frost Toyota Vitz does not go? Why other cars Toyota are not present problems?

I have had my car not start because of the cold, and this is in England so they must have a problem!

No idea what though.

Robie

The winter in Russia lasts more than 6 months. And in many cities very coldly. Not cars in the winter (6 months!) it very much and is a lot of. It not the decision of a problem. Besides other models Toyota normally work, when it is cold. That is a problem (I think) in a start Toyota Vitz...

When You car not start because of the cold? What was temperature in the street ???

Oil ok? Could be condensation/frost/ice/anything on the starter motor/s.plugs/battery/anything!

Now that's useless information!!

-40, wow that's cold :help:

Having had no practical experince of starting the yaris in severe cold like that... I wouldn't know what to suggest sorry

Why doesn't it start?? give us a bit more!

Is the starter spinning strong...does the starter just spin and you get nothing?

or does she try to catch..and cough and splutter a bit?

Vipes

"...has your car been set up for extreme low temperatures?

eg oil, radiator antifreeze etc..."

Oil in all cars - 5w40 (full sintetic) Mobil, Texaco, BP, Esso...& more

Antifreeze in radiator - new. In all car from Japan Antifreeze only for minimum -15 C. Because in Japan there are no strong frosts. All russian peoples change antifreeze on new, for minimum -40.

Battery is OK. With Battery Toyota Vitz we have many problems. In Japan other standard of japanese Battery. They of other size (35 Ah), more narrower as against European and at them other plugs, other diameter (I do not know as correctly this word - the plug it where wires are connected). Look photo -

682.jpg

To change the new normal battery (from Europe) on Toyota Vitz - the big problem. :(

Starter spinning strong...does she try to catch..and cough and splutter a bit!!!!Probably (I think), that oil very cold and dense (because it is very cold). It can such adjustment of an onboard computer? But with other car there are no problems!!! Why so, I do not understand.

Also it is a problem not one car Toyota Vitz. It is a problem of all(!) Toyota Vitz. All russian understand, that if in the street -20c - Toyota Vitz to get it is impossible, necessary to go by any other car.

These are photos of Yakutsk. In the street temperature - 32c. Look, other cars (including Russian cars) are normally!!!

siberia_cities_1.jpg

In Siberia very big distances between villages. And car it is necessary that it was possible to go in very far villages. Even if it is very cold, all cars all the same go on roads -

roads_siberia_1.jpg

On a photo Russian Lada. :) Temperature - 30 C, but Russian cars are intended for a cold (but less comforts, as against the Japanese carss which in Siberia every year becomes more and more).

roads_siberia_11.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links