Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

91-94 Mr2 N/a Turbo Kit

X-Dream Sports

Hello all we are currently working on a little experiment and if all goes well and we have a big enough demand this will be available to all. our goal is to make an alternative to doing a JDM motor swap depending on what gen Jdm motor you get it can cost anywhere from 2,500 to 4,000 just for the rear clip to do the motor swap, we are working on a turbo kit for the N/A MR2 and trying to keep it around 2,000 or less. this price might vary depending on what is offered in the kit. we are in the engineering faze of this project. It should be done and ready for the road in the next couple months. the stock MR2 N/A has about 140 hp with this kit we are attempting to get 300+ hp safely. this is what the kit will include.

Headers

down pipe

air intake

BOV

turbo

intercooler

head space

all gaskets required, (head, intake, exhaust, valve cover)

all plumbing

oil lines

any mics. mounting hardware

every thing list will definitely come with the kit we are working on some other parts as well this is a list of parts that might come with the kit depending on what we can work out

LSD rear end

550cc injectors

boost controller

turbo timer

oil/tranny cooler

if there is interest please let me know and I will keep an update on how it is going and what the final specs are. if you want to contact me please email louisp@cfl.rr.com or louisp@x-dreamsport.com AIM louisp79

surely there's no way you can do all that for less than £2k. intercooler and injectors take up a fair wack, turbos ain't cheap, lsds etc non of this stuff is cheap, and what about clutches? injectors not cheap. fitting is gonna be expensive unless you've got very good knowledge of cars. just my thoughts anyway.

what's the jdm engine? cos 91-94 cars had 158-173bhp so is it the later spec mk3 engine or something?

sorry it 2k USD. but one part of my company is fabrication and engineering some of the equipment will have to be 3rd part like the injectors and turbot's and yes there not that cheep as far as the head spacer, intercooler, plumbing, oil cooler/tranny cooler mounting hard ware that will all be built in-house. as my post indicated price may very depending on what is included. I know I can do the top portion of the list for 2k USD. im just working out deals with other suppliers to see if I can work some other goodies listed in the second section at the same price or not a lot more. I will post a price structure so everyone can see this will be a ruff draft so the prices cant be quoted as of yet but it will be really close.

as for the second question yes there is another generation MR2 motor 95-97 the gen3 MR2 was only sold in japan it made 225 hp

Think the bhp figures you quote are just a little out....

All figures below are for stock SW20 Mk2 MR2's (NA's)

Coupe 119bhp 1990-1992

GT Coupe 158bhp 1990-1994

GT T-Bar 158bhp 1990-1994

GT Coupe 175bhp 1994-1998

GT T-Bar 175bhp 1994-1998

10th Aniv 175bhp 1995

GT Coupe 175bhp 1998-2000 r

The rev 1 & rev 2 SW20 Mk2 Turbo put out 225bhp, while the rev 3 and later put out 245bhp.....

No MR2 has ever put out 140bhp as stock....

Opens the door to be mistaken now :)

hello this is a clip from a base model j-spec MR2. now I didn't start this post to try to start a contest on who is smarter in the realm of the MR2 I just wanted to let people know of an alternative to a motor swap for there N/A's.

Make: Toyota

Model: MR2

Year: 1995

Class: Sports Car

Drive: RWD

MR2 (1995)

------------

3098 Base 2-Dr Coupe w/T-Bar Roof (5-spd)

Specifications: 1995 Toyota MR2

Length: 164.2 Front Leg Room: 43.4

Width: 66.9 Rear Leg Room:

Height: 48.6 Luggage Capacity: 6.5

Weight: 2657 Engine Type: 4

Wheelbase: 94.5 Displacement: 2.2

Front Track: 57.9 Fuel System: EFI

Rear Track: 57.1 Compression Ratio: 10.0 : 1

Front Head Room: 37.5 Horsepower: 135 @ 5400

Rear Head Room: Torque: 145 @ 4400

Front Shoulder Room: 54 Fuel Capacity: 14.3

Rear Shoulder Room: EPA Manual: 22/29

Front Hip Room: EPA Auto: 21/30

Rear Hip Room:

--------------------------------------------------------------

now take into account there are 3 different ways to get the HP rating on a car one is at the crank witch will give you the hp of the engine with out running thru the drive train second is at the breaks this will give you what the engine will put out thru the drive train up to the break system the third is at the wheels this gives you how much hp you are putting to the ground now the first and second do give hp ratings but if there is too much flex or play in your drive train or your break system isn't up to par your motor could put out 300 at the crank but only put 250 to the ground. I have done dino runs to cars and bikes and found for tuning and performance taking the readings from the wheels is the best. and that is the way we

ok here is a quick run down on what this will cost and what is included now this is not an definite figure this is calculated off what we have done already but it will be really close. this is what would be included

Qty.

(1) Head spacer .75 mm to lower compression to 8.5 : 1

(1) exhaust headers 1.187" with 3" collector

(1) down pipe designed to mate with the stock exhaust

(1) intercooler 500cfm

(1) air intake with K&N filter

(1) oil/tranny cooler with twin cooling fans

(4) 550cc injectors

(1) 255 high pressure fuel pump

(2) head gaskets

(1) valve cover gasket

(1) intake gasket

(1) exhaust gasket

(1) BOV HKS

(1) Apexi turbo timer

(1) turbo ceramic blade ct26

(1 set) head bolts

and all plumbing and mounting hardware

this is a ruff price but will be close to the definite price 2,115.00 USD The Apexi boost controller was the only thing not included but it might be if things go good as of now the boost controller would be an extra 300 USD. This kit has not been completely tested yet but like I said will be in the next couple of months we want to make sure that every aspect is ready to go. once it is I will post all the specs with dino runs and 1/4 mile times

TO put some light on this X-Dream sports is talking about the 5s-fe engine 2.2l.

You must bear in mind that this engine was only available to the US market and in Europe and Japan we have the 3s-ge with much sportier specs.

Now things begin to get clearer, forget there is somewhere overseas that manage to get less powerful imports than we do :D :D :D

Hi, im just wondering if this application will also work for those with automatic Mr2s........ thanx

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, £2k for the engine conversion, then another 2K for brakes, gearbox etc etc

• 2 months later...
:thumbsup: That kit sounds very nice. I am going to buy an na mr2 because i cant afford insurance on a turbo and i was looking for a turbo kit for the mr2 na and this one seems cheaper than the burien performance 5sfe kit. I am definately lookign foward to this kit when it comes. out. Send us all alinky when it finishes im definaterly gonn get 1. Finally a cheap turbo kit 4 the mr2 na..it can finally become the sports car it was truley supposed to be. :D

Think the bhp figures you quote are just a little out....

All figures below are for stock SW20 Mk2 MR2's (NA's)

Coupe 119bhp 1990-1992

GT Coupe 158bhp 1990-1994

GT T-Bar 158bhp 1990-1994

GT Coupe 175bhp 1994-1998

GT T-Bar 175bhp 1994-1998

10th Aniv 175bhp 1995

GT Coupe 175bhp 1998-2000 r

The rev 1 & rev 2 SW20 Mk2 Turbo put out 225bhp, while the rev 3 and later put out 245bhp.....

No MR2 has ever put out 140bhp as stock....

Opens the door to be mistaken now :)

Hiyup Ryan Mate :thumbsup:

Cheers for this info... but... I do need to correct you on the 1994 - 1998 BHP figures. At stock they are 173. For some reason the Rev5's had a lower BHP figure than Rev3 & 4. And then you also have the Beams N/A with 200BHP B)

The torque on Rev1 & 2's was better than Rev3 & 4's and they were lighter. Which could explain how you could pull away from me on the way to !Removed! ;) :D

:thumbsup: That kit sounds very nice. I am going to buy an na mr2 because i cant afford insurance on a turbo and i was looking for a turbo kit for the mr2 na and this one seems cheaper than the burien performance 5sfe kit. I am definately lookign foward to this kit when it comes. out. Send us all alinky when it finishes im definaterly gonn get 1. Finally a cheap turbo kit 4 the mr2 na..it can finally become the sports car it was truley supposed to be. :D

Surely you guys have to declaire all modifications to your insurance companies like us? If so wouldn't bolting a turbo block to your engine and uprating all the other bits and pieces up your insurance premium to close (if not more) to what an imported tubby would be anyway?

I'd be very wary of this kit....

I have to agree with Ryan on this one, you can't just bolt any old turbo on to an engine and expect it work work properally, Turbo's and their support components need to be closely matched to an engine. Also, apart from the 3SGE the MR2 engines are not as strong as the 3SGTE - Turbocharging these might have consequences for engine longlevity.

this kit is no good for any european mr2s as already stated we have the more powerfull 3sge engine.

Steve, you dont know what your missing, sys G helped me try his turbo kit, we swapped it over in (not joking here) 2 mins flat, went out for a run and it was GRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEAAAAATTTTTTTT

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links