Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Double Din Stereo Arriving Soon - Help Required

JohnnyW

Hi, I bought a double din stereo to replace the stock one in my Rev 2 MR2. Been reading quite a few old threads where people seem to have problems installing new stereo's into the active speaker system.

Since I'm pretty hopless with electrical wiring is it going to be as easy as buying a PC9-406 adapter and connecting it up using that :D or am I not going to be that lucky? :(

Any info would be much appreciated

Hi, I bought a double din stereo to replace the stock one in my Rev 2 MR2. Been reading quite a few old threads where people seem to have problems installing new stereo's into the active speaker system.

Since I'm pretty hopless with electrical wiring is it going to be as easy as buying a PC9-406 adapter and plugging connecting it up using that  :D  or am I not going to be that lucky? :(

Any info would be much appreciated

your not going to be that lucky only if you have an amplifed mr2 speaker system ofcause thats when the fun starts... just re-wire the !Removed!, wire the Speakers straight to the player!

Nightmare!! Do you think it's probably worth getting someone who know what they're doing to install it? How much do you think it'd cost?

if you get the adaptor you still need to wire up the rear Speakers, if you dont know what your doing then DEFINATELY get some one else to do it, wiring a stereo for an mr2 is not to be taken lightly, people on here have quoted under 100 to fit a stereo but i reckon you can get a lot cheaper.

if the original is not amplified you'll be fine - some toyotas came with 6,and 10 speaker systems.

thought rev 2's all have the active sound system?

Ignorance shinning through, what’s an active sound system? :wacko:

I have a 95 Rev3 will I have one?? ;)

Cheers Dave :thumbsup:

if u have the sub(s) behind the seats then u have the active system,if not then u have the passive system.

if u have the sub(s) behind the seats then u have the active system,if not then u have the passive system.

I think I have the passive system as I cannot remember seeing any subs, Thanx for telling me.

Dave :thumbsup:

u sure? the little boxes on the floor behind the seats? wont actually see the subs but see speaker grilles which look like they're coverin 6x9s.

was under the impression that passive systems were only an option on rev1's

I didnt spend 100 i fitted it with help from said parent :lol: but damn it was a REAL pain in the ***** im talking 2hr job! :angry:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links