Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Re-wire My Speaker Setup

richalees

First of all thanks to every one who replied to my question about lowering. Was all very helpfull.

In the front of my car i have alpine comps w/o crossovers. :eek::ph34r: They were installed for me. Am i right in saying each speaker and its component will only be using one output of 50w from the h/u? thus leaving two otputs of 50w free. If so? do you think i should send the two 100w outputs from my amp to them and extend the h/u outputs to the back to power the 6*9's. I think this should double the power in the front and half it in the back. Which would be good right? Is it possible to use all 4 h/u outputs and give 100w to the back also by joining the cable together? or is that just me being thick? :crybaby:

Cheers everyone and just incase this helps my current setup is: :group-cuddles:

1x Pioneer H/U

1x Alpine Comps

1 GTO4000 Amp running JBL 6*9's and JBL Sub

The reason i ask all this is beacause i fancy giving more power to the front Speakers as they can take max power 150W and only have 50W if u see what i mean? If you have another idea to what i should do just tell me! :yes:

Cheers eveyone, Richard :thumbsup:

First off dont think you can bridge the output on the h/u amp

And although the h/u states 4x50w you only want to take notice of the rms figures so the h/u is probably only about 4x15wrms

I would go with what you said tho

Front comps and sub running from the amp and 6x9s from the h/u

Front comps and sub running from the amp and 6x9s from the h/u

exactly what you SHOULD do :thumbsup:

and if you can get away with it use components or coaxials in the back instead of 6x9s as they are crap along with a sub

and dont bridge headunit channels, itll emit so expensive blue smoke if you do

I am still concerned with the way the comps are wired at the front though. Is it possible the Speakers and the component is using two channels as there were no crossover supplied with components. Or would that not work.

I had another idea. It would be relatively cheap to get a pair of 10cm Alpine coaxials and put then in the dash and then find somewhere else to house the component part of the alpine door Speakers. Sound like a good idea? Would bing more volume to the front would it not?

Cheers all, Richard :thumbsup:

no your best with the way it is setup

doing that will start to throw the soundstage to the front of the car and itll sound crap

no your best with the way it is setup

doing that will start to throw the soundstage to the front of the car and itll sound crap

Eh?? You want the soundstage at the front... that's the best way for your ears to pick it up isn't it? If the majority of the sound comes from the rear the you won't be getting the full acoustic spread of the music to your ears. If the soundstage is at the front, then the music has a tonal balance.

you want the soundstage so it doesnt have defined direction

ie it should be all aroud you, not coming from the front, back or anywhere

it should sound like its radiating from between the front seat headrests

thats the perfect soundstage setup

it should sound like its radiating from between the front seat headrests

thats the perfect soundstage setup

Thats what i meant.... i thought you meant that most sound should be from rear... that is very bad. Main volume should come from front with rear mixed in... then it hangs in the middle and you get the full musical range! I do in my little machine anyway!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links