Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Missing Turbo Bolts..elp!

pizza boy

A check around the engine bay has revealed three(!) missing bolts around the turbo housing. Its the three located in the most awkward underneath position of the turbo. Due to the daft amount of bolts missing would it create a sufficient leak to cause erratic idle and/or stalling after long journey due to heat expansion etc?

Cos thats exactly what im experiencing.

oooh and this just hit me too...my earlier post mentioned the BOV may be leaking as im hearing a BOV type hiss upon acceleration occasionally...maybe this could be air being sucked into/escaping the turbo and not the BOV at all?!

Sh*t! :unsure:

if its from the turbo elbow (the bit above the cat) then it can be common. could cause leak which would affect fueling (ecu would see a lean mixture) would recomend doing them. new nuts are about 50p each from mr t (speacial nuts with a squashed head) would think studs are about the same

Yea Dawsey its the elbow section. But the plot has thickened...I just checked my dizzy cap and discovered its the WRONG one. All 4 electrodes are round rather than "shaped" (2 of em should have lil cut section) Well the rotor literally chopped into two of the electrodes. After removal I cannot beleive how blind I was not to spot the obvious other lil differences in the dizzys FS!.

They are wrongly supplied blueprint parts and im going in tomorrow to slap thier stupid faces. Im really pis*ed off because I actually discussed with them how many idiot disrtributers provide incorrect parts for mr2 turbos..oh how we laughed in agreement...the t*ssers.

not just mr2 parts. i had half an hours argument with one motor factor who tried to sell me the wrong dizzy cap and leads for the 4A-GE, in the end i had to take him outside an show him they were the wrong ones, at which he said "oh yeah see what you mean, no aint got any of them" ffs

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links