Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hks Boost Controller

NEED4SPEED

Happy New Year to all! Hope it was a good one!

Would anyone have an idea how to use the HKS Boost controller. When I accelerate hard it beeps alot, is there something I need to do or check? :unsure:

dsc011844co.jpg

I've recently spent a whole day sorting my HKS EVC III which is the same as the one you have.

I found this site useful...

http://www.hksusa.com/info/download.asp?id=1642

Now I'm running 1.3 bar right up to the redline - which is nice.

You may need to change some of your settings, the only time mine 'beeps' is when I press 'scramble boost' and it beeps for a preset time.

BTW your install is very similar to mine :thumbsup:

Lrowland13.jpg

Thanks for your help.... yeah it does look difficult making the right adjustments from reading the downloaded PDF instructions. Oh well I'll have a look. I might set mine the same as yours and see what the out come is. I believe this is the only modification I have on the car to make a difference to the performance (other than exhaust and suspension).

Thanks again. :)

Thanks for your help.... yeah it does look difficult making the right adjustments from reading the downloaded PDF instructions. Oh well I'll have a look. I might set mine the same as yours and see what the out come is. I believe this is the only modification I have on the car to make a difference to the performance (other than exhaust and suspension).

Thanks again.  :)

Are you looking to increase the boost on your car or simply solve the cause of the beeping noise from your EBC? What boost are you currently running?

I can let you know my current settings or let me know yours and I'll compare them to mine?

I've recently asked set-up questions on www.mr2oc.com and some of the guys from the U.S were quite helpful.

:thumbsup:

That would be great. Ok I'll have a look tonight and see what the current readings are set at. I would basically want an all round better boost. What I find at the moment is when you give it full trottle it goes very well until the beeping and then it seems to slow up and then steadly increase power. When the warning system activates, boost control doesn't seem as strong and it seems the boost levels drop to the standard levels. Now I could be reading into this but from instruction manual I downloaded early did mention this in the Warning display section.

Anyway as I say I'll get the figures later and hopefully find out what its set to.

Thanks, Tony. :)

What I find at the moment is when you give it full trottle it goes very well until the beeping and then it seems to slow up and then steadly increase power. When the warning system activates, boost control doesn't seem as strong and it seems the boost levels drop to the standard levels.

Thanks, Tony.  :)

Almost sounds like the vsv hasn't been disabled?? have you done that??

Cheers

KiwiMR2

THE RESULTS:

By pressing the mode button and proceeding to press again so as to scroll through the options the results for each option show:

Set 0.80 kg/cm

Set 100 kg/cm

(Set is now flashing) 1.00 kg/cm

(Set is now flashing) 01 sec

Set 0.82

Does this make any sense? :huh:

Hey Tony, I think your inbox is full my PM rejected.

Also - what figure have you got when you hold down the *Mode* key for 3 seconds??

Hey Tony, I think your inbox is full my PM rejected.

Also - what figure have you got when you hold down the *Mode*  key for 3 seconds??

Sorry for the delay: Pressing the *Mode* key for 3 seconds it reads 0.97

Can you help as its doing my head in all this beeping. :wacko:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links