Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Performance Chip

Yarisboy

Hi,

Friend of mine just gave me a 'performance chip' as a gift, claims to give 5-20bhp extra power to the engine by adjusting the air flow etc

Does anyone have any experience/advice with these things as i'm unsure of whether to fit it or not

thanks alot

Sam

Would advise you not to fit that one yourself.Got mine fitted professionally,as your in the northwest try camco 88 in warrington to check it out for you they will most probably fit it for you and run a dianostic check on it but expect the lower end of those bhp claims there number is 01925 445688.

a chip for the yaris???

where can i get one???

thanks in advance.

Superchips available for most cars w.midlands you need to call gts motorsport on 01564 703665 there in solihull.Don't expect big gains though.

There are lots of other chips the one that seems to be getting the best reports is the unichip but i don't know what cars they go on try phoning millway sports in andover on 01264 336344 to see if they can go on a yaris.

Unichip works as a piggy back unit so in theory no reason why it couldn't go on anything...

There's been a number of discussions on various chips which atthe end of the day boils to £££ and the correct installation, the chips that piggy back are only as good as the installation engineer and may have to be re-mapped as you make further changes to your car...

sorry I didn't make this clear

it isn't a 'chip' as such

it's a resistor, sort of things you used to see in your electronics class at school lol

instructions say to unclip the IAT sensor and plug the wires into the that, tape it up with electrical tape and reconnect the Battery

sounds dodgy to me so your advice, again would be appreciated

thanks

sam :huh:

personal opinon wouldbe to bin it....

don't like using bits & bobs that haven't been used by others...

plus I agree it does sound dodgy....

Consider the cost of a replacement ECU if you ***** it up...

Rather than spend £ 500 getting possibly 5hp from an engine, why not spend £ 500 on getting some decent driver tuition - this makes the biggest difference to a car, and what is more its easily transferrable from car to car :-)

You'll be able to carry more speed into a corner, more speed out of a corner and being able to do it more safely, plus when you thrash a mate that spent shedloads on his car in a standard car, you can act all smug and superior ;-)

yeah i've got to agree. I won't off thought that a home made box would better toyota's reasearch.

Sounded good at first as well :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links