Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Had My First 'bump'

RossP

Just left one of my locals down kato paphos (only had one to drink!) and they have pedestrianised the whole of bar street and bits which are acessible by cars have really crappy round bollards in them. I'd just reversed out of the car park (only way to get out of the damn thing) when i heard a crunch and the car stopped moving. Got out, looked at the back, low and behold, had reversed 'over' one of the damn things. Didn't help that they're not much higher than the rear bumber skir, and the street lighting wasn't on at the time...Still, i only have myself to blame for it! Gonna try to straighten it out a bit tomorrow, if not successful, will take it to my neighbour for him to sort it out, but really can't be bothered to pay to get it fixed cos i should be getting the C-west kit in the summer (crosses fingers) !Will get some pics of damage up tomorrow.

Ross

unluck fella :(

use me theory

if its broke, fix it with something better :)

roll on c-west

I was lucky it wasn't a normal bollard, i would have been proper screwed then...Just a few months to go till i get back to work and the money starts rolling in again!

Sounds like a good plan Jaxx.

I hate it when you do something stupid, or your too lazy to do something which would take seconds. Like when parking, and thinking "Nah I can get through there"

Or the other week, narrow bit of road, it was clear, so I drove down in, saw the other side and this car (Ford Cobra bright mingin sick yellow colour) started coming through, instead of slowing down, and trying 2 squeeze by I kept going, at 30mph. Nearly lost my wingmirror, but I sverved to protect it, only to scratch about 3 of my alloy wheel spokes on a brick wall! Fek!

O well, fix it with something better!

Sorry to hear about that you matey.

...and who says 1 drink makes no difference???.. don't drink and drive at all NOT EVEN 1... it aint worth it. (i not saying the drink caused it.. but proove it didn't affect you at all)

...and who says 1 drink makes no difference???.. don't drink and drive at all  NOT EVEN 1...  it aint worth it. (i not saying the drink caused it.. but proove it didn't affect you at all)

I can't prove it didn't...possibly had...but i don't know

Reminds me of the time I'd had Karis for 2 weeks and I reversed her into a lamp-post....

My excuse was "It came out of no-where!" and I still stand by that!

However she had a lovely little dent in her bumper, which I never actually fixed as it wasnt so bad

And now I have a brand new one which I'm never going to do a turn in the road in......EVER! lol

Reminds me of the time I'd had Karis for 2 weeks and I reversed her into a lamp-post....

However she had a lovely little dent in her bumper, which I never actually fixed as it wasnt so bad

And now I have a brand new one which I'm never going to do a turn in the road in......EVER! lol

May be worth complaing to the council. if the bollard is low and out of sight through the rear and not visible then you may have some come back.

I know someone who did what you did by the sounds of things ...and the council in the end went halves to pay for the damage....couldn't claim the full wack...as sure your the driver...but the bollards were deemed as not being visible.

Vipes

May be worth complaing to the council. if the bollard is low and out of sight through the rear and not visible then you may have some come back.

I know someone who did what you did by the sounds of things ...and the council in the end went halves to pay for the damage....couldn't claim the full wack...as sure your the driver...but the bollards were deemed as not being visible.

Vipes

Doubt if the council in Cyprus would be very interested ;)

Vipes

That sounds like a brilliant idea mate, and if i was in UK i would do it without thinking twice. But, in Cyprus, i have two problems:

1. I'm a foreigner

2. The local council are more interested in arranging weddings for holiday companies

I'm not the first person this has happend to down there either. What make me laugh even more is the fact that 3 of my mates and i help lift a Lexus RX300 of one of them on new years eve. This thing was proper jammed on though, not like my Vitz!

Ross

Ouch thats a shame :( Evil things bollards arent they!!

I'm in a T3 courtesy car at the mo whilst mine is in for a few warranty repairs and it's got rear parking sensors..they are brilliant!! They beep when you select reverse, and the nearer you get to something the quicker this beep becomes..and it gets constant when you are too close..:)

Ouch thats a shame :( Evil things bollards arent they!!

I'm in a T3 courtesy car at the mo whilst mine is in for a few warranty repairs and it's got rear parking sensors..they are brilliant!! They beep when you select reverse, and the nearer you get to something the quicker this beep becomes..and it gets constant when you are too close..:)

Do they work with lamp posts etc?

Think this post needs a merge!!

Erm... i think a claim could be an option, tho if the councils as bad as you say... no point! If it aint too bad... i say leave it, you never know... somebody might slam into you from beheind... then they can pay for it!

I always park with wing mirrors... you can see down the sides and to the rear with them.

I bet i can guess your frustration though... iv had a silly bump before... it makes you feel just dumb! I reversed in my matiz with the drivers side rear door open! Bent it around my gate post! Only £20 to fix at local panel beater though! I was lucky!!

Afetr that... wing mirrors all the way! (and a look behind so i don't run over any dogs/children/chavs (no bad thing!))

wing mirrors all the way! (and a look behind so i don't run over any dogs/children/chavs (no bad thing!))

LOL I did that once :help: :( nearly ran over this really fit lass.....

:unsure: :!Removed!: my mate had to tell me!!!

Learn from you mistakes ;)

Well, like i said, i'd get soem pics up today of what a muppet i was. Have also nicely dented in the spare wheel well, but will definately get that sorted out in the summer. The pics are below, they're not great cos it's just started getting dark

21090.jpg

21091.jpg

21095.jpg

I wanna cry!LOL! :crybaby::angry:

Poor little car! whack a new bumper on! Bit of a shame that.... like moffmo says... learn from mistakes... i have! Many times!

if my neigbour can get me one for cheap i might just do that, otherwise i'm gonna try straighten it a bit, then get a new one in summer during 'the makeover' lol

Ross

Nasty. I was in Pathos a few year back now, and bar street is a pain to park in never mind having to cope with that as well.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links