Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Closed Induction Kit And Exhaust

admanirv

Hi

im looking on getting a full exhaust system and induction kit for my yaris t sport. Question is, ive been done the old induction kit route before (k&n open air were crap!), but most people seem to be taling about open air ones, these arnt good as we all know they bring in warm air to if wrongly positioned and actually lower performance.

Im wodnering if anyone can recommedn a closed air induction kit like a "bmc cda carbon air flter", and can anyone recommend an exhaust, im only interested in performance not looks or sound!

after fitting these what 0-60 would i expector knock of the standard 0-60 of 8.6 (its 8.6 i think!??).

I think pipercross do one... not 100% though!!

yes they do

it's the viper induction kit, i've just noticed it's for the 1.0 and 1.3, but not the t sport. It's the same as the bmc that's only for a 1.0ltr as well.

I'm sure you could adapt it for the 1.5.... it's basically the same engine as the 1.3.... just a bit bigger! The viper is a very good kit, you get a cold air feed with it i believe. It sounds friggin' awesome on my mates 306 too, and it definatley had a performance increase, not sure if that applies to a 1.5 though.

Do you know if the piece circled in the picture below is the same size on the phase 1 & 2 as I emailed pipercross and they didn't know if it would fit as they havn't tried the viper kit on a phase 2 yaris yet.

airbox.jpg

What about the 1.3, I take it it's the same

Nope. 1.3 is totally different! The 1.0 is by itself, then there's the 1.3 and 1.5 which are basically the same excpet for size.

Nope. 1.3 is totally different! The 1.0 is by itself, then there's the 1.3 and 1.5 which are basically the same excpet for size.

Wrong!

Phase 2 1.3's are the same as 1 litres! Airbox etc etc is the same! :thumbsup:

Think someone's needs to do a wee write up and sticky it! :yes:

I think they could do with doing the same for the back box aswell, beetween the backbox and now the airbox I know no more than when I first asked the questions.

Some say they are the same and some say they are not so you don't know where you stand.

Hi

im looking on getting a full exhaust system and induction kit for my yaris t sport. Question is, ive been done the old induction kit route before (k&n open air were crap!), but most people seem to be taling about open air ones, these arnt good as we all know they bring in warm air to if wrongly positioned and actually lower performance.

Im wodnering if anyone can recommedn a closed air induction kit like a "bmc cda carbon air flter", and can anyone recommend an exhaust, im only interested in performance not looks or sound!

after fitting these what 0-60 would i expector knock of the standard 0-60 of 8.6 (its 8.6 i think!??).

So what is my best bet induction kit wise for performance, i dont want an open air one, i noticed a guy in the guides did a write up about modding a yaris t sport air box, but i couldnt get any pictures?, what do people think about his setup

So what is my best bet induction kit wise for performance, i dont want an open air one, i noticed a guy in the guides did a write up about modding a yaris t sport air box, but i couldnt get any pictures?, what do people think about his setup

It will invalidate your warranty. If that doesn't matter, when you come to sell it... anybody who notices will most likely walk away!

It will invalidate your warranty. If that doesn't matter, when you come to sell it... anybody who notices will most likely walk away!

hmm yeah your right man

Get an airbox that is similar in plenum size and fit that one instead of the original if you're concerned about warranty. Breakers are your friend on this one.

Yves.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links