Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sr Alloys, How Much?

youngsod

£200 sounds ok if they're in good condition. If they were fitted with the Dunlop tyres, then they should be ok as the tyres have a slight lip over the sides and prevent a lot of kerbing incidents.

Also, make sure the tyres are evenly worn... if they are more worn on the outside then the tracking is out of line... mine was anyway!!

Oh, if they are Dunlop Sport 9000 tyres on them, then they are a £60 tyre. so thats £240 for all four if they're new!

I know. I'm really interested in them, but my sensible brain is saying whoaa! £200 is about £175 more than i've ever spent on eBay...

Well, they don't look too bad, but the nuts are either wrong or he hasn't looked after them and they've rusted bad! These are pics of my car, sorry for the dirty 1st one!!

06155_DSCF0053.JPG

d59af_wheel_and_tyre.JPG

Personally I think the SR alloys are just the best for the Yaris, I prefer them even to the T-Sport alloys. Question is, do I buy these ones, or do I go with my gut instinct which is to give them a miss.

Tyres I'm not so worried about. Costco do Michelins very cheaply, and I've always trusted Bibendium with my boots.

I don't suppose you are considering changing your wheels and selling the SR rims ;-)))

Douglas

So £200 for wheels & tyres is a tad steep?

I would say it's steep 2nd hand alloys especially standard alloys i.e not momo or tsw etc.. should be cheaper than that (esp 15") .

I would only pay £100 for the set and only if the tyres were no more than half worn.

I am speaking from experiance as i am a tyre fitter and deal with this kind of thing day in day out.... with 15" wheels the buyer is in the best position to haggle cos most ppl are looking to get rid of their standard alloys and upgrade to 17" or 18".

At the end of the day it will depend on how much you want them cos they are only worth what ppl are willing to pay... as for wheels on e-bay think twice.. i have seen loadsa ppl come into my work having bought a 2nd hand set of alloys only for us to tell them that the wheels are :censor: because of buckles or worse... the one in the picture will probabvly be the best looking one of the set.. but like was said before.. wat like are the other 3??? .. i would give it a miss.

I'd personally give it a miss too. Anything like that being bought off eBay just isn't worth the hassle if it's wrong. You need to see them and inspect them close up.

P.S. Sorry... these alloy's are miiine!!! They are indeed the best alloys!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links