Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1.0 Performance

mark_n

I have just ordered a Yaris Blue 1.0. I really like the car I just have one concern. It is that is will be a bit asthmatic through the gears compared to my current 1.2 16v Clio. I have owned two 1.0 Micra's and they were both ok.

Can anyone please tell me what they think of the 1.0 Yaris?

Thanks

Mark.

lets be honest mate, a 1 litre isnt exactly going to set the world alight, but compared to the clio, it isnt going to feel much slower, if any..

I have just ordered a Yaris Blue 1.0.  I really like the car I just have one concern.  It is that is will be a bit asthmatic through the gears compared to my current 1.2 16v Clio.  I have owned two 1.0 Micra's and they were both ok. 

Thanks

Mark.

Hi,

You have bought a 1.0ltr yaris vvti so bear this is mind, allthough it wont be a beast by any means. compared to other cars by other manfacturers in the 1.0ltr range, it is definetly faster than near enough all other marques. the 0-60 is 13.2secs. Compared to just above 14ish from other marques. Your clio was probably 12.6 0-60. Gear wise, i personally think its just as good as a clio if not better!, i have driven both cars, and allways rate jap engineering better than french.

regards

I've got a one litre mate and have no complaints about it at all. Gets away from traffic lights quicker than most other cars, realy good around town. only thing i'm not too pleased about is that when you have other people in the car with you, you notice a big difference. But, as everyone has said it is a 1.0 litre and it does pack a bit of a punch for the engine size!

I have a 1.0L and I love it, most of the time it's just me going to and from work etc, I never have a full car..occasionally there will be 2 others with me (my Parents, or my Mum and a Friend of hers) and you have to remember that you need more space to pull off from a junction/roundabout as it'll be slower but thats all I can fault, nothing else

what are you on about? the 1.0 is BLISTERING :blink:

it's fine as a town runabout, i don't like it on the motorways much at all.

Its a damn good 1ltr compared to the others around.

You dont need 0-60 around town, and even o the motorway really, cause your speed remains constant.

If you do alot of driving on dual carrage ways with stopping and starting 0-60 is all your ever doing, so in that situation the 0-60 is needed, otherwise no biggy.

The reason you may find it a tad sluggish is that it doesn't have much torque... what you've got to do is try to keep the revs up... it's the same for all models... then the engine sings and it'l be much easier and more fun! :thumbsup:

You will love it, plus it's Japanese. It will be more reliable than the clio equivalent, I think you have made the right choice

1.0 ltr performance - isnt that an oxymoron?  :lol:  :lol:

Don’t quite understand your reply so had to look it up...

OXYMORON:

"A rhetorical figure in which an epigrammatic effect is created by the conjunction of incongruous or contradictory terms"

Examples

OXYMORON:

"A rhetorical figure in which an epigrammatic effect is created by the conjunction of incongruous or contradictory terms"

Examples

Demonic Angel is an oxymoron!

Anyways back to the post - I borrowed a 1.0 Yaris Blue just before I took delivery of my current 1.3 Yaris and I didnt really notice much difference generally, obviously apart from a slight power difference, but all in all a good little engine in my experience! :D

The magic numkber with the 1.0 is "3,250". Never attempt any overtaking manoeuver below it!

Seriously though, the 1.0 is nippy (rather than fast) and in most everyday circumstances is quick enough.

Have fun!

A

i have a 1.0l GS i went camping with it last year me.. the wife.. 3 kids (8,10,and 12).. 9 man tent... beds.. table.. cooker... 5 chairs.. luggage.. the whole lot u name it i probably took it..(with the help of a roofbox).Performance was ok (lagged a little on steep hills).. sat at a steady 80mph on motorways.. acceleration was responsive steering was just as it was breaking was as good as it was too.

i very much doubt a micra could handle that kind of trip (400 miles or so).. with as much ease and comfort.

You will love your wee 1.0l yaris m8

OXYMORON:

Examples

:wacko: Dont understand it at all now :blink::lol::lol:

you've made the right choice with a yaris mate :thumbsup:

will the 1.0 reach 60mph???

Of course it does!!! It's top speed according to Toyota is 96 mph!! :ffs:

The fastest mines gone is 80 mph, my Dad was driving and I wouldnt let him go any faster..didnt struggle though!!

If its brand new mate give it a couple of thousand miles to loosen up, always feels a bit sluggish in the 1st thousand miles or so!

Anyway, I'm very happy with mine and happy motoring!

YarisPower (I use it on another forum)- now thats an oxymoron for you! :yes:

The magic numkber with the 1.0 is "3,250". Never attempt any overtaking manoeuver below it!

Yup .. thats when the vvti starts kicking in!

Anyway, you've made the right choice on the Yaris as i'm sure you'll love it just as much as all of us. And for a 1.0 its alot better than most 1.1 and 1.2l in it class. :thumbsup:

The fastest mines gone is 80 mph, my Dad was driving and I wouldnt let him go any faster..didnt struggle though!!

That it? Top speed in matiz was supposedly 87mph... i got 92mph! (accidently of course... no breaking the speed limit from me :P ) Mind you, this was down hill and the speedo was probably wrong... oh and it was dying!! hehe!

SR has done a tidge more... better not say though as i don't like to brag on speeding... it isn't clever and it certainly doesn't win the attention of my girlfriend in the passenger seat!

That it? Top speed in matiz was supposedly 87mph... i got 92mph! (accidently of course... no breaking the speed limit from me :P ) Mind you, this was down hill and the speedo was probably wrong... oh and it was dying!! hehe!

SR has done a tidge more... better not say though as i don't like to brag on speeding... it isn't clever and it certainly doesn't win the attention of my girlfriend in the passenger seat!

I was a bit naughty and realised I was doing 92 on the motorway in my Matiz once - but I was well chuffed it could go that fast.... obviously I slowed down once I realised.....

Saying that, it did take 30mins to go from 0-92! :D

Most excellent tiny ickle car! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links