Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cleaning Brakes

Lee Bali

My breaks make a really high piched squeak any time i stop or use my breaks to slow down at a slow speed. I was told by the toyota garage that a need my breaks cleaned at a cost of £100 which should stop the squeking. ANy idea if another garage would do it cheaper or if theres anyway i could do it myself. or any tips on how to stop the noise diy style.?

Thanks guys and i also completed my first 2 mods. Neons in the footwells and an Alpine CDE-9828RB headunit in the coin box slot. Both work amazing and the headunit works wonders.

I know that Toyota sell a fluid based brake cleaner - but am not sure if its a sensible thing to do yourself?

I'd find a local garage and make pals with them - generally if you can find either an independant or smaller chain you can get them to do stuff like this for a sensible rate.

My local place for instance are happy to do stuff like replace pads for 20quid which I think is reasonable. I can do it myself - but for 20 its more sensible for them.

Whereabouts are you Lee?

Clarky

My front driverside brake was squeaking/squeeling recently, I booked her into Toyota on Wednesday to get it sorted along with a few other problems and they cleaned it all for me..they said the brake was binding slightly, they also adjusted it too.

Tell them to stick it up their ar5e! This is clearly a problem! A few owners have this problem and cleaning them does absolutley sod all... trust me, mine have been done and it makes no difference what-so-ever.

Mine's booked in for next week and im going to use posts from here to show that it's a common fault and that i want new brakes. It's in warranty and im perfectly within my rights to some new stoppers.

P.S. £100??!!! Tell them to stick that even further up their ar5e! All they do is powerwash them with some detergent that probably costs about a fiver.

i also completed my first 2 mods. Neons in the footwells and an Alpine CDE-9828RB headunit in the coin box slot. Both work amazing and the headunit works wonders.

Were there any problems fitting this into the coin box??

Whilst I was having the braided brake hoses fitted a while back the mechanic noticed that my rear pads were worn uneven. I had been in and out of Mr T three times to be told that there was no problem despite the fact that I could hear a scrapeing sound in hard corners from the rear brakes.

When we went to replace the back pads with new ones we discovered that the mounting springs on one side were broken meaning that one of the pairs of pads wasn't returning - hence the problem.

Got a new set of mounting springs (6quid) and they are now fine ...

Also got EBC GreenStuff pads instead of OEM ones ..

Clarky

No the headunit was as doddle to fit to be honest the how to's are perfectly written (thanks guys) i just had to take off the extra mounting cage in order for it to fit. It looks perfect.

Should be taking photots of my mods today and tonight incase anyones intrested.

Also what does everyone think of these

http://www.gbdriver.co.uk/acatalog/m3offer.jpg for £45

it might be due to scale build up, take the disks off, if theres a large build up, gring off with a grinding disk then use a flap disk (grinding disk made of emery cloth) to finninsh it. take the drums off and it there is a lip where the shoe wears grind this off with a grinding disk. 4" grinder or smaller.

i bought some of those m3s!! but sold em a few weeks later coz i needed the money :(

CFC is the proud owner now though, wonder how hes coming on with them

ps go to a garage and get new brake pads!! cost for them and being fitted is under £50!! i got mine done 2month ago!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links