Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aerial Swap

yaris30

guys i bought a richbrook aerial from e-bay for the yaris ..I was just wondering is the standard aerial a screw off aerial or what as the richbrook one looks like one

not sure about facelift ones, but my prefacelift one is a screw off one. i bought one from Halfords which supposidly fits nissan, renault and rover, and it fitted just fine. took off the yaris 'whip' straight away and put a clio on on. much better but now ive got a nice metal one :) just hope no thievin git robs it!

mine is a pre facelift one one of the older ones ..it has a black aerial in the centre at the front french built ...but it looks like one piece..whereabouts does it screw off??

Just grab it about 3 inch up and twist it off. I know mine come's off, i just havn't got round to swapping it yet. I don't really like the metal ones though... does anybody know if there are any black shorter ones?

Did this recently ...

My Richbrook one came with three different thread sizes for the screw fitting - it was the smallest one - 4mm I think.

Bit of wd40 will loosen the old one if its stubborn ..

Clarky

Look out for the Anti-Theft cause they arn't really fully anti theft.

I have one, but it comes in 3 parts, the screw in base, the metal aerial section and a black end.

The Anti-Theft part is those 3 bits are allen keyed together, but nothing secure it to the car! Just the screw in!

So what I done is got a spanner, a cloth, and tightened the baby up so it screwed in even more. No-one has touched it and I have had it about 6 months, and had my dust caps nicked about 4 times, but I now have locking dust caps and they are designer 1s, ooo.

I think that I'm suppposed to Allen key in the bolt to the car - one end of the bolt has a key slot, then tighten everything against it ..?

£17 is a rip off for an aeriel. I got a blue one made by type VR whoever they are with 3 fittings, 2 different lengths of metal depedning on how long you wanted it and all for £5.99 from my local motor factor!

i think i should buy a load and sell them!

yaris 30 you have the same as me. french built pre face lift. it just screws off!

you will see where it screw up once you stand on your door ledge and have a look :yes:

yaris 30 you have the same as me. french built pre face lift. it just screws off!

you will see where it screw up once you stand on your door ledge and have a look  :yes:

Short ar5es! 6ft 3"... i can see clearly over the top of my car!!

ive got a black metal one, not too short not too long with a silver stem, looks really good. cost £11.99 and come with a few fittings. if u want a pic i can take one tomorow??

ok this is a bad picture cos its dark. but for now it will have to do! if u want another one, ill take it tomorow in daylight! :)

roof.jpg

No thats fine thanks... quite nice! Not quite waht im looking for though, but thanks for that!

i will take one tomorow in daylight if i remember breezer! :)

i tried an all silver one first, but looked pants, as the bracket at bottom which connects it is black. so i had the compromise of silver rod and black connections :)

Short ar5es! 6ft 3"... i can see clearly over the top of my car!!

So can I, although I'm only 5ft 10"...go figure! :D :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links