Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

French Or Jap Built Yaris T Sport

admanirv

Someone asked this question before if i'm not mistaken. It eventually came down to the chassis number if i can remember properly. try searching the forums to see if you can find the old topic

JTD... on VIN Jap

VNK... on VIN is French

That was from one of jaxx's posts in the previous topics. obviously you could also search for obvious signs such as 'Made in france'... ;)

Yeh normally theirs a sticker on the windscreen somewhere, most cars have them. If its Japanese they do that anyway. Lexus has it drivers side top corner of the windscreen.

Im not sure if the French ones have a sticker.... probably cause their too embarrased to say they are French built!

Are all the phases of all the models built in both France and Japan? Or did they do different things.

Phase 1 T-Sport? Japan or a bit of both.

All T sports are japanese Vitz RS converted to UK spec yaris. None are built in France!

....hence why T sports have the different rear light arrangement.

Oooh, Radtoy beat me to it! Yep, all T-Sports are Jap-built. :thumbsup:

Infact, theoretically, all Yaris are jap built... they just get assembled in France... at least that's what the dealer told me... probably a load of horshe s :censor: t then!!

As per usual from the dealer then.

Okay thats cool! Means I dont have to go around asking if they TS is built in France or Japan, which makes life easier.

On mine there is a sticker on the drivers side on the windscreen saying where it's made

On mine there is a sticker on the drivers side on the windscreen saying where it's made

Thanks guys, mine an 02 t sport, so i guess its made in japan and not assembled in france!

cheers

Yep mine has the same...mine is made in France

And in response to EarL MINE DOES NOT SMELL OF CHEESE - SHE STILL SMELLS NEW!

All T sports are japanese Vitz RS converted to UK spec yaris. None are built in France!

....hence why T sports have the different rear light arrangement.

Not all Tsports are jap built ;)

when i had mine i test drove a red phase1 still waxed up it had the made in

France sticker on the screen,and the glove box dropped apart in marks hand :lol:

The dealer(Hartwell Wolverhampton) could not promise me it would be jap built car,But it was :D

Has anybody noticed the difference with the vanity mirrors on rear of sun visor,

some are velcro some are proper lift covers,

the french one i drove had the lift one however mines the velcro.

is it a phase1/2 thing or jap/french thing :unsure:

Mines a Frenchie - haw hee haw hee haw! :D

Zee only problem aveen un automobile de Francais eez you ave to talk like zees to make it sounda authentique....

Parlez-vous Anglais? :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links