Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Water Leaking Behind Drivers Seat :(

Rikki

I noticed a wet patch behind the driver seat the other day so I put a large bin bag over the back panel and down behind the seat last night. Came out to the car today to find the plastic had caught about half a can of Coke's worth of water! Not good!

Whats the easiest way to sort this out. I dont get water dripping on me when driving and Im not sure where its coming in.

I did a search on leak and leaking and found a few bits and pieces but nothing major.

Anyone have any ideas on this one?

Cheers,

Rikki

i reckon its the T-bar towards the rear pillar.. it will be going down from that...

It's either the rear window sill or the T-bar .. plenty of posts about the T-bars, never heard of the rear window sill leaking - think you need to find the source of the leak before we can help further :)

I got that a lot (I hope I'm ok to use the past tense).

As you look at the driver’s side the leak would be coming in through the very top right hand corner of the driver’s window where the t-bar, the window and the B pillar meet. If it’s the same for you there’s an easy fix.

I tentatively used the past tense as this weekend I did Bibbs' silicone sealant and cling film fix on her. I've yet to use her in the wet so we'll wait and see if the problems finally fixed or not. If it ain’t, I'm sure it's just a case of doing a little more with the silicone. I chose put the silicone on the underside of the t-bar so it’ll remain unseen when the roof’s off.

Cheers for the tips bibbs.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links