Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gearbox Noise.

swales_p

Hello all, i know this has been posted before but i just wanted to check something which is now really starting to annoy me - so if i can get rid of the problem OR at least get rid of the noise ill be happy.

So, here's the problem..

My gearbox makes a noise in all gears at revs from 0 - 3500 revs, this noise being kind of a whine. The cars only done 28500 miles so im sure the gearbox carnt be that worn, although im aware that these arn't the quietest box's in the world of motoring.

So what could it be - is it on its way out (there's no crunching in any gear by the way :thumbsup: ) or does it just need a oil change.

If so what oil?

Cheers folks - this post it basically for peice of mind as i dont want the thing to go - BANG.. CLUNK! :eek:

Hi Mate,

Dont get the noise but I do have problems in getting low gears or 5th when I am flat out.

Cheers Dave :thumbsup:

A gearbox flush & refil with some GOOD quality gearbox oil SHOULD work a treat. I can't reccomend any brand as my mecanic use's a high grade tractor oil (sounds dodge but made a WORLD of difference to mine) but Im sure Pizza Boy recently did his & reccomended a specific type.....search should bring it up :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

I dont have any problems with my gears YET, it makes a nice chunk sound when changing gear... im sure the way i change gear, FAST it wont last long :lol:

The Redline MT-90 stuff realy works wonders, takes about 3 bottles for my N/A.

I highly recommend that!!!

:thumbsup:

-Z

Cheers boys.

So im guessing Redline MT 20 is the way forward then.Does anyone use a different gearbox oil?

Cheers :thumbsup:

Cheers boys.

So im guessing Redline MT 20 is the way forward then.Does anyone use a different gearbox oil?

Cheers  :thumbsup:

MT20??? ;)

You using a differnt oil than the rest of us mate??? :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links