Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whats Your Acceleration Time?

Guest Calum

Guest Calum

What is your usual 0-60 acceleration, which car do you drive and what mods have you done to it?

I'm sure this thread will have been done before,

but i'd love to know what you can achieve in your cars.

So i know what to aim for. B)

I don't know! I'm assuming it's low 7's, maybe high 6's? I will test the bugger soon. :rolleyes:

st185 GT4 RC.

I have no idea, never tested it and never seen any official figures for it either

celica supra 2.8i, no MODs only cosmetic. :D

Guest Calum

Anyone else know what i should be achieving in a 1994 corolla 1.3?

Have had a look on the bbc topgear site, but it gives a time of 13 seconds. B*ll*cks... my old skoda did that.

Never timed mine but offical figures give 10.9, mods are as below & induction kit on the way, nearer to 10.0 would be nice!! :D

dont know 0-60 but have done 0-50 in 4.3 bog std AE-92 rolla gti........................................... :P :D :lol:

no its got a 3S-GTE engine from an ST-205 celica

MoTeC engine mangement with 1.1 bar boost

Blitz Air cleaner

ERL water injection

Blitz de-cat

3" s/steel exhaust

top speed 155mph @ 7000 rpm (rev limiter) standing 1/4 mile 13.93 @ 107.70 mph

mods to come

pro upgrade on ecu to enable things like launch control , anti-lag ,traction control e.t.c.

maybe an stg1 turbo as mines started cracking :(

Dont suppose anybody knows the figures for the 2.8i celica supra, do they

i know now thats its approx 3 weeks 0-60 and best not try it cus the bodywork is not up to it. (its the old age dearie)

but would like to know what the figures were when it was manufactured.

ive had her flat out on the m40, she was showing 121 on the digital read out but again dont know how accurate that will be (prop not very).

wasnt happy though cus was passed by a mondeo st24 will trying to push the accellorator through the floor panel. :blink:

course its safe

bloody good fun too

left a uk300 impretza for dead the other day :P

cant wait to get anti-lag it has a great bonus effect............3 foot flames out of the exhaust :rolleyes:

Guest Calum

next it will be jet engines.

have never driven a car fast that could do more than a 8 second 0-60, though have been in an xj220. what fun! wouldn't let me do more than 60 mph on silverstone though. damn.

surely when you get to 0-60 times of 3.9 and stuff, alot of it has to do with your driving style and technique as well.

well were not finished yet, but are initially aiming for 500 bhp, with the is2 diff should come just above 170 mph, with the supra diff should hit over 200mph and 0-60.......only god himself should be able to catch me

Guest Calum

when starting at a dead stop, how do you find out the best rpm to have the engine at, as you bring up the clutch? other than by trial and error, is there a way of working this out?

depends on many different factors.

the car

the engine

the gearbox

is it 4 wheels drive

how much BHP

do you have traction control

do you have launch control

are you running street tyres or slicks

:)

Guest Calum

How about this...

1994 Corolla 1.3 16v, Gli. Manual

2 wheel drive

not sure on bhp.

no traction or launch control

street tyres.

Any ideas?

i mean more specifics about the car..........

its easier to go with trial and error till you work which is best for you...................untill your clutch is fried anyway,or you have snapped a driveshaft.....or popped the head :D

Guest Calum

Do you know anywhere that would be able to tell me what kind of time i should be heading for. also for a modded corolla

The topgear 0-60 is way off, and can find nothing else.

Calum,

Parkers have figures of 0-60: 11.3 and 87 BHP with a top speed of 109. The speedo is innacurate to a fair degree so when you say you've had an indicated 0-60 of 10.5 ish it is probably more like 11+ to an actual 60mph.

I have had an indicated *22 but I doubt it was more than *10 actual speed. Maybe *15 at the most. Trial and error is the best way. In the dry if you get a little tiny squeal you can tell the tyres were about to let go, but didn't and you have achieved a good start. A great feeling.

dosenöffner you are a lucky ***** - RS EVO indeed...

Nick

Dont suppose anybody knows the figures for the 2.8i celica supra, do they

i know now thats its approx 3 weeks 0-60 and best not try it cus the bodywork is not up to it. (its the old age dearie)

but would like to know what the figures were when it was manufactured.

ive had her flat out on the m40, she was showing 121 on the digital read out but again dont know how accurate that will be (prop not very).

wasnt happy though cus was passed by a mondeo st24 will trying to push the accellorator through the floor panel. :blink:

Gus, I've found some stats for the UK 2.8i Celica Supra

max speed 133mph

0-60 8.0 secs

168 bhp

:)

thanks carl,

interesting to know what the old girl was once capable off, unfortunatly she wont get anywere near that now as she has a broken camshaft..... :(

have logged onto lots of breakers sites to see if i can get another one but dont hold out a lot of hope....may have to have one made :( :( :(

Guest Calum

Yeah, that speed of 11.3 sounds about right. They probably weren't really ragging the engine to get that time. so it would make sence, however, the topspeed doesn't.

Does anyone know how these top speeds are worked, is it just within a certain distance or something, because i've managed to get the car quite a bit passed that on numerous occasions, and not just when the wind is behind me, and i have got my foglights on!

rwd starlet will do mid 7 seconds

4age motor t50 box

4 branch

2.5 inch system

k/n filter

cleaned up ports

stripped of all things unnecessary and sum that probably where :wacko:

lsd ae 86 axle

quickrack

rosejointed adj tcas

uprated antirollbar

coilovers all round

rose joint five link adj rear links

four pot caliper on vented discs

rosejoint stainless topmounts

fiberglass seats and 4point harnesses

yokey tyres

alloy tank

fat right foot :D

now where did i put those 45s and slicks :lol:

when starting at a dead stop, how do you find out the best rpm to have the engine at, as you bring up the clutch? other than by trial and error, is there a way of working this out?

You could try the CarTest software, located at the software section of the website below...

Turbocharged.ca

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links