Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1st Post

mark18gxi

Hello everyone,

I bought a 53 plate CTS this week - red / 5 door / leather / sat nav.

Been looking for this spec for some time now.

Totally impressed with the performance and build quality.

Only down sides are the boomy cabin noise around 70-80mph and the rather un-toyotalike notchy gear change - perhaps i'll get used to this.

Anyone on here had any of the E12 TTE mods done?

If so, which ones would you recommend and, (if applicable) does this compromise noise / ride comfort?

Also, does the dealer have to do the work to maintain the warranty?

I also own a gxi 1.8 which i've had for 9 years and previously i've owned a gti and the original fwd gt.

:thumbsup:

Can't help you on the TTE stuf, but welcome to the forum nonetheless :thumbsup: B)

the rather un-toyotalike notchy gear change - perhaps i'll get used to this.

OK my car is 14 years older than yours, but the gear change on it is very notchy too. I have got very used to it and really like the way it feels now in comparison to my company car :)

Anyone on here had any of the E12 TTE mods done?

Welcome to the club.

I've had the TTE lowering springs fitted. Well worth it as it doesn't role any where near as much as it did on the stock springs. It gives you more confidence to go faster round the tight bends.

I would have thought you'd have to get any mods like this done at a Toyota dealership to keep it covered under the warranty as if anything goes wrong it's then there fault not the third party garage.

Let us know if youd decide to get anything done.

The TTE front spoiler looks nice,but even better once you've lowered your CTS with the TTE 30mm lowering springs.The springs defo improves the handling as well :yes: I love the sound of the TTE backbox ,unfortunately it doesn't seem like you are too keen on the sound[noise] at motorway speeds.Its a lovely underestimated hatch and the 5-door version I've found to be quite practical too.

All the best with your rolla mate.

Cheers

Ant :thumbsup:

PS.I've found the gearchange notchy at times as well,but somehow it feels smoother once I've driven it hard.

Thanks for the replies chaps!

You guys who had the springs fitted - is the ride still as smooth? - I don't want to lose the excellent smooth general ride quality as this car doubles up as a family hatch.

Thanks for the replies chaps!

You guys who had the springs fitted - is the ride still as smooth? - I don't want to lose the excellent smooth general ride quality as this car doubles up as a family hatch.

The ride quality is still good, though it's obviously more noticeable when driving over poor road surfaces. It makes cornering and so much better with a lot less body role. Well worth it I say.

You could try your local dealers to see if they have any for sale that've had the lowering springs fitted and give one a test drive.

Ours,double up as Moms Taxi on a daily basis.I don't think you have to worry that much about the ride,its still pretty smooth and comfy.I would consider slightly wider tires for even more grip.Don't get me wrong,the lowering springs make it stick really well,but I've been so used to driving cars with wider tyres before.The new facelift CTS is lowered by 20mm standard,so you may wanna try that at your local dealer.

Cheers

Ant :thumbsup:

PS.Whereabouts in the NW are u from.If you live close I may let you have a go with ours <_<

Thanks for the replies and advice.

Firthy

vvtl-iboy &

Antd4agze

Tha car looks like it needs to be lowered - I think I'll be doing this over the next couple of months - does it need the front spoiler for full effect? I take it you still have the standard 16" wheels?

By the way - I live between Wigan and Bolton - close to the Reebok stadium - but go watching the red half of merseyside when I get the chance (??Antd4agze??)

Cheers

Mark :thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies and advice.

Firthy

vvtl-iboy &

Antd4agze

Tha car looks like it needs to be lowered - I think I'll be doing this over the next couple of months - does it need the front spoiler for full effect? I take it you still have the standard 16" wheels?

By the way - I live between Wigan and Bolton - close to the Reebok stadium - but go watching the red half of merseyside when I get the chance (??Antd4agze??)

Cheers

Mark  :thumbsup:

It does make it look at lot better, I was surprised what 30mm did for it. I just felt it was far too high for a sporty car on the stock springs. I still have the stock wheels, don't think I'll bother upgrading them though 'cos happy with the look of them, pitty they're not 17", but I just feel it would cost too much to upgrade.

Wigan - my home town, but now living in Derby <_<

I own a Brandnew Rolla 1600 3 doors its from 3-01-05

I olso hve fitted the TTE loweringsprings and they are fine , i olso have a TTE Strutbrace , TTE Grand prix 17 inch wheels 215-40-17 tyres and a TTE 2x90 mm Muffler .

you can look them up on my site

for me is TTE the best

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links