Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Can I Put This....

Demonic Angel

Karis would have been due for her 1st service end of this month, so I am writing to Listers Toyota to inform them she is no longer with us.....

I'm stuck on what to say - here is the draft of my letter so far...

Dear Sir or Madam

Re: Registration BP53 ???

Please note that the above vehicle (Toyota Yaris T-Spirit 1.3) which I purchased from you in January 2004 has been written off by my insurance company after an accident in November 2004.

I therefore will not be servicing the car this month, so please update your records accordingly as this vehicle no longer belongs to me.

I would be grateful if you could send no further literature regarding offers to the above address as I have also recently moved and you are no longer the nearest Toyota centre to me.

My new address, for any correspondence with regard to this letter is as follows:

100 Blah Blah Road

Blah Blah Town

Blahshire

BLAH BLA

The bit I'm really stuck on, is this bit....

"I therefore will not be servicing the car this month, so please update your records accordingly as this vehicle no longer belongs to me."

I wont be servicing the car EVER because it doesnt exist anymore, but I dont know how to put that in writing.... can anyone think of a decent sentance....??

I also dont want to mention I didnt go back to them to get another car! :P

How about something like 

It's a bit late for a service, the car was read it's last rites last year!

Rich

lol its meant to be a serious type letter! lol

:D I like that one,But the letter seems sound to me get it posted.Anyway hope your not moving to Leeds as customer service tossssss.

Didnt you read the letter - I'm moving to Blah Blah town, not Leeds! :D

I've actually already moved..... to Hinckley, but its still too far from Listers! :D

"I therefore will not be servicing the car this month, so please update your records accordingly as this vehicle no longer belongs to me."

Obviously the car no longers requires servicing, so please update your records accordingly as this vehicle no longer belongs to me.

Regards

Miss Blah

Why bother?

I would just leave it, they will have details of your car (write off) anyway!

Will they? - I havent informed them!

Plus they have been sending me junk mail regarding servicing which I dont want (and now dont need!)

dont worry about it DA they will still send you stuff anyway,

we still get stuff about a car we sold 5yrs ago told them loads of times!!

why do you actually need to tell them??

toyota never sent me anything saying my car needed doing!

listers will ring you if they want you to service your car, they rang me about my old one i sed ive sold it and they said ok,

i now go to the new listers in nuneaton by the hospital and theyve been great to me so far! (makes a change)

who the fudge is miss blah?

ROFL

just leave it this way.. you dont have to tell them why. you just dont want them snooping around and sending stuff to ya.. thats all

How does this sound?

As I am how no longer the owner of this vehicle, I do not require the car to be serviced. I would also like to take this opportunity to ask you to take my details off your database.

I hope this sounds ok for your letter to Listers.

That last one from mark n sounds perfect but why don't you just phone them up and tell them? Surely quicker.

:D I like that one,But the letter seems sound to me get it posted.Anyway hope your not moving to Leeds as customer service tossssss.

At Benfield you mean?? I'm in two minds... the service when buying the car and when servicing it has been superb and they replaced my carpet no problems, BUT they havn't fixed the niggly faults... they give bullsh*t stories. What dealer doesn't??

I think it's part of the job... car dealer = liar.

I suppose im 70/30 with them though as they have been quite good.

P.S. Andypr... you from Leeds? If so, where abouts... i havn't seen any other leeds people on here!

listers will ring you if they want you to service your car, they rang me about my old one i sed ive sold it and they said ok,

i now go to the new listers in nuneaton by the hospital and theyve been great to me so far! (makes a change)

That wont really work though as they wont get through to me as the home, work and mobile tel nos they have for me have all changed! :D

Although I suppose if they do ring my old home number, my parents can tell them I've moved out.... :D

I'd just phone them to be honest. For some reason Struans have my details under my Dad's RAV (see bottom of the post!) and I get all of the "your car needs servicing" stuff for it.

On my first Yaris I got the "You need your 20,000 mile service" notice from them the day before I was taking it back to then for the 30,000 miles one! I also stood over tham as they updated my records.

A

im sure it really doesnt matter what you tell them :D it's not like a life threatening matter! just tell em its ******.......................

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links