Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Quick Question

kimi

hi

just want to know what model has a 4AGE engine?

thanx kim .x.

The Corolla GTi's (like mine - AE92 Chassis) also have 4AGE engines. There were two types of the engine. Early spec (T-Vis) 122BHP and the Late Spec (Non-T-Vis) 128BHP. I am not sure exactly when the late spec engines were introduced, I think it was '89.

There was also a supercharger 4AGZE version available based on the 4AGE format.

HTH :thumbsup:

kimi Posted Yesterday, 09:59 PM

hi

just want to know what model has a 4AGE engine?

Corolla AE 82 GT

Corolla AE 86 GT RWD (Includes 'Trueno' with 'pop up lights'....'Trueno' not for UK)

Corolla AE 92 GTi

Corolla AE 92 GTi Levin/sprinter (again not officially for UK market)

Mk1 MR2

As System G said there are two versions, which changed around '89, sometimes also known as 'Red top' and 'Black top' due to the sparkplug lead and dizzy cap colours

Also I believe for some markets around the world there was a AE 101 version of Corolla that had the 4AGE engine for a short while, any other members able to confirm this?

The 4AGE engine in it's different forms is proving very popular with kit car builders and in 'specials'

As System G said there are two versions, which changed around '89, sometimes also known as 'Red top' and 'Black top' due to the sparkplug lead and dizzy cap colours

I thought the Red Top/Black Top referred to the number of vavles??? If I remember correctly, there were 16valve and 20or24valve versions.

Also I believe for some markets around the world there was a AE 101 version of Corolla that had the 4AGE engine for a short while, any other members able to confirm this?

Again *I think* there was a LHD AE101 with the 4AGE engine available on import.

I thought the Red Top/Black Top referred to the number of vavles??? If I remember correctly, there were 16valve and 20or24valve versions.

Oops :eek: , yes I do remember something in a Kit Car magazine now on an article about a firm called 'RAW Engineering' who import low mileage 4AGE engines for 'lotus Se7en' Look-a-like kit cars.

The article mentioned something about different Valve versions.

Oops :eek: , yes I do remember something in a Kit Car magazine now on an article about a firm called 'RAW Engineering' who import low mileage 4AGE engines for 'lotus Se7en' Look-a-like kit cars.

never heard of a 24v. there's a 20v, but the silver and blacktop versions of that have different power outputs, im sure, but they have the same number of valves

thanx for all the replys guys,

It is for a build sort of ,mate of mine has a mitsi colt cyborg doing a

engine rebuild and theres something off it that will fit his car.

Oops  :eek: , yes I do remember something in a Kit Car magazine now on an article about a firm called 'RAW Engineering' who import low mileage 4AGE engines for 'lotus Se7en' Look-a-like kit cars.

They get their engines from Fensport - according to Fensport anyway

thought you was gonna be dropping a 4ag in the yaris then kim!

Thought crossed my mind aswell, now that would shift :eek:

ae111sr Posted Yesterday, 10:20 PM
  QUOTE(Twincam.GTi @ Jan 10 2005, 01:43 PM)

Oops  , yes I do remember something in a Kit Car magazine now on an article about a firm called 'RAW Engineering' who import low mileage 4AGE engines for 'lotus Se7en' Look-a-like kit cars.

They get their engines from Fensport - according to Fensport anyway

Fensport :eek: That means it will cost an arm and a leg!

well its an idea....but i have other plans :D

black top it 20v, but red/blue top is the letting on the cam cover .. the blue i think is the newer engine .. newer revision ..

Hi,

Thanks to everyone who's replied.

Basically the throttle bodies off a 4AGE 20v engine will fit my Mitsi Cyborg.

and i was struggling to find what car they came off so i could find some info on them.

Look out for it at Japfest for its first outting with its new spec.

This is my car.

DSC_4176.jpg

Thanks Again

Chris

Oh Kim i forgot to wish you a nice and productive holiday!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: :D

The 4AGE 20v engines were not installed on MKI MR2's or the Corolla Hatchbacks (AE82 & AE92) to my knowledge. I think they came on the Levins and possibly a version of the AE86 - both very rare cars in the UK and the engines are like rocking horse s :censor: t.

Fensport would be your best bet for the throttle bodies I would have thought :thumbsup: Not sure who else sells 4AGE components.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links