Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Jerry Springer - The Opera

Demonic Angel

I watched Jerry Springer - The Opera on BBC2 the other night...... I thought it was hilarious! I love Jerry Springer - his talk show is so trashy its good!

Apparently it got 1.8 million viewers, with over 47,000 complaints to the BBC about the content, swear words and religious depictions.

Christian groups are apparently in uproar over the BBCs decision to screen it. Christian Voice is planning to sue the BBC for blasphemy. They have also published BBC execs addresses and telephone numbers on their website, which I'm sorry, is just wrong - these people have now had to be protected just incase anyone tries anything - they have already been threatened.

I can understand why they could be a tad upset - but the program was clearly going to be rude and full of swear words - its Jerry Springer for Petes sake! He aint no Trisha!

Yes its rude, but it was also very funny and very entertaining and personally I wasnt offended by anything in it. Before the programme and also each scene there was a notice saying the following contains bad language, scenes of a blaspheric nature, etc etc and some viewers might be disturbed.

Everyone knew what it would be like! If people didnt want to watch it then they should have turned it off!

Did anyone else watch it - what are you views on it? Like I said, I actually enjoyed it and it made me laugh! Yes it was over the top, but thats just Jerry!

I heard about it as they were trying to preasure the BBC into not showing it...

Makes a refreshing change for the Beeb not to be WAY overly PC :thumbsup:

Why why didnt you warn me it was coming on?.. Would I have miss Smallville?..  :ph34r:

You were too busy doing your John Travolta thang!

Hmmm what would I have preferred to watch - Jerry Springer or Chappers shakin' his booty?

Its a toughie! :D :D

Why why didnt you warn me it was coming on?.. Would I have miss Smallville?..  :ph34r:

Hmmm what would I have preferred to watch - Jerry Springer or Chappers shakin' his booty?

Ahh right :lol: , well, looks like you chose.. :crybaby:

<Sings> You can tell by the way I walk... da da dum

Ahh right :lol: , well, looks like you chose.. :crybaby:

<Sings> You can tell by the way I walk... da da dum

It was the only choice - I would have happily watched you boogie, but I didnt know where you were boogying.....

Plus you'd probably have been surrounded by a bevy of "Sarahs" and I wouldnt wanna cramp your style.... :crybaby:

:D

I unfortunately had to see it at the theatre in London. It happened to be on the same day they were filming it for the BBC.

All I can say about it other then the one or two sniggers I got from it - it was absolutely crap. Worst piece of theatre I have seen in a long time. I used to be a live sound engineer and did a lot of theatre work (maily musicals) besides regular rock and roll.

I wasn't offended by the content but mixing two forms of entertainment I don't really enjoy (opera and jerry springer) made it worse...

Utter crap :ffs:

I thought it was great, loved the humour of the kkk dancing  :lol:

I loved that, it was weird that it was funny - if you get my meaning.....

I loved it when the womans best friend comes on, who her boyfriend has been cheating on her with and the crowd just call her names, but they sing it - and its like when you watch shows like Jerry - you think these particular names about these people, its just so hilarious that they are singing it....

Obviously I cant repeat the words, I suppose you had to be there to appreciate it!

I watched it out of both morbid fascination and because I'm skint and so wasn't out.

I thought that the first half was quite good - very cleverly done if predictable, but the second half was just plain weird and towards the end I couldn't wait for it to finish.

I certainly wasn't offended, but I do have a problem with the sort of people damning films, shows, book, computer games, etc. that they haven't experienced but have only heard about. More often than not they're incredibly ill informed and have taken situations out of context.

Well done to the BBC for sticking by its decision

I shall now leave my soapbox :lol:

Alan

I certainly wasn't offended, but I do have a problem with the sort of people damning films, shows, book, computer games, etc. that they haven't experienced but have only heard about. More often than not they're incredibly ill informed and have taken situations out of context.

Well done to the BBC for sticking by its decision

I shall now leave my soapbox :lol:

Alan

I agree - why should the BBC be bullied into not showing a programme? All this "I'm going to sue you!" is getting way out of control.

By showing it - what did the BBC do? Did we all start swearing constantly - NO! Is the world a worse place because of it - NO! Have we all donned KKK masks and started burning crucifixes - NO!

People were offended because of the content, which is fair enough, but its a TV programme - its make believe! Its not real! How can the BBC be sued for being blasphemous by showing a completely fictional piece of programming?

Its kinda like when they showed a fictional drama some time ago about the BNP (or some similar group), which yes I didnt like and switched off - but just because the BBC shows a fictional drama about a group of people such as the BNP - it doesnt make them BNP supporters! :rolleyes:

:ffs:

Not very christianly of the christians to publish address' and phone numbers of the directors who's families are now under protection!!

Not very christianly of the christians to publish address' and phone numbers of the directors who's families are now under protection!!

Exactly! If anything their behaviour is far worse than that of the BBC! These BBC execs are now being threatened by these Christian groups and not just them, but their families too....

I'm not religious, but I'm sure the bible doesnt say that you should threaten and bully your fellow man to get your views across.... :angry:

Don't get me started on religion :angry:

Two topics best left from forums (and life in general): Religion & Politics :thumbsup:

Don't get me started on religion :angry:

Two topics best left from forums (and life in general): Religion & Politics :thumbsup:

Fair dos - can we just talk Jerry Springer instead then..... :D

Fair dos - can we just talk Jerry Springer instead then.....  :D

Ok... It's utter crap :P (see my first post in this thread for my reasoning)

I used to enjoy Jerry Springer 10 years ago, but gradually got bored of the same old fights.

It was very entertaining for the first couple of years.

The Opera version was rubbish, I sadly took Garrick to the Theatre to watch it. It got quite boring and really dragged near the end.

I do think it was a novel idea, just not my cup of tea.

I used to enjoy Jerry Springer 10 years ago, but gradually got bored of the same old fights.

It was very entertaining for the first couple of years.

The Opera version was rubbish, I sadly took Garrick to the Theatre to watch it. It got quite boring and really dragged near the end.

I do think it was a novel idea, just not my cup of tea.

Well I guess theres only so many times you can hear someone being described as a dirty..... so and so..... and it be funny!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links