Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Dummy's Spat Right Out!

Ken

Been waiting for a shoulder op for 2 years and was told it was going to be in the autumn.Fair enough knew what i was doing and was saving up for when i was having the time off afterwards.

Got a letter through the post this morning,preadmission clinic on 22nd,operation date 29 of p*ssing may!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Time off is 6 weeks if keyhole but outside chance they might have to open the shoulder up then off 18 to 24 !Removed! weeks!!!! :o :angry:

Then the summer is well an trully shafted! :angry:

Can't cancel it or will go back to the beginning of the waiting list.So have to go through with it.

Make matters worst having it done at either Guy's or St Thomas's in london so won't get any visitors.Can't expect the wife and kids to come all that way just wouldn't be fair on them.

!Removed! NHS!!!! :angry:

It get's worst :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Wife's just pointed out if i can't meet steve radcliffe on the 31st to sort out my ice install then i'll have to cancel the guy's who are doing my leather interior because all the ice will need to be in first. :angry:

ARRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Sorry to hear your dilema mate. Waiting lists suck for sure.

It will knacker your summer but at least your shoulder will be well on the way to recovery. Hopefully.

What did you do to it or what happened? (if you don't mind my asking).

Hope everything works out for you.

No problem mate, leave the car with me before you go in and ill have it done and off to the interior people on time for when you get back :D

Steve.

Steve,great offer mate will talk to the misses when she finishes work later on today.The only problem i have with that is the outside chance of them having to open me up could leave us a bit skint getting towards the end of the 18 to 24 weeks needed off work,will drop you a pm either way thanks.

Gordy,i was working on a research vessel bringing a sub-sea buoy up and had a rope round the wire to guide it onto the winch's drum due to the guiding on gear been busted(hence the reason i was out of my nice warm engine room).Didn't reconise it was a first tripper on the winch as it could be a right !Removed! to work,rope i was holding got snagged on the wire,gave the signal to stop heaving only to have my arm pulled from it's socket as he pulled the lever the wrong way onto fast heave.Got lifted off had arm put back in but some off the tendon's and muscle's are damaged and need sorting out.

Sorry to hear about your shoulder. I've got a mate whose shoulder popped out while he was windsurfing and had to be picked up by the inshore rescue guys - really lucky cos he'd been sitting on his board for nearly two hours before they got to him. Anyway he had to have surgery to sort the problem and he's now back in work after being off for about 10 weeks and that wasn't keyhole stuff either, maybe you'll be the same and not lose the whole summer.

Whatever happens you've got to get it done - maybe some of the London based peeps on here could visit. I know that's easy for me to say cos I'm based in Cardiff and it's a long way for me but maybe someone could help out a fellow TOC member.

Nice to here he got picked up,one lucky lucky fella.We picked a windsurfer up once nearly went over the top of him they are so hard to see and that's from a high position,those guy's in the rib's hardly got any view at all.

Nice to here it was only 10 weeks,that's the worst thing i don't know until i wake up what they have done,so can't plan anything to grand just incase of the worst case scenerio happens.

If it was only ten weeks i would drop the car off at steve's get the guy's who are doing the interior to pick the car up at his and then they could put it in my garage when it's done but like i said earlier will have to discuss with the misses first.

Be nice to have some visitor's if anyone in london fancies it,don't know until the 22nd if it's guy's or st thomas's yet will post it on here when i get back.

MY FIRST TOC MEET! :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links