Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Wheels...(pics)

JT

I bought these on saturday. 17" Arospeed GT RS with Toyos (sorry about the crap pics)...

80380195.jpg

80380207.jpg

80380252.jpg

they fit really well considering it's been lowered 35mm. they don't catch at all at the back (and ive had weight in it). they catch a little bit at the front, but 90% on the driver's side, much more than the other. which leads me to think something (like the shocker) is worn on that side. could it be due to anything else? also, if im replacing the damper, i heard you're supposed to do both at the same time, so would it drive badly if i put the fensport 20% stiffer shocks on the front (to go with the stiffer springs it's got all round) and left the rear ones standard? sometimes it does feel a bit under damped - on the motorway, over long undulations in the road. can anyone suggest the best thing to do?

Lookin good man! I love the Areospeed range of wheels at the mo!

My car rubs on the front drivers side and doesnt on the passenger side and everything has been checked recently.

Only thing I can think of is that the guy who tracked my car tracked it slightly off to stop the car wearing through fronts on the inside edge :censor: . This could be the reason but I can live with it if it saves the tyres! Only scrapes on full lock as well.

One other thing, maybe rollas hav a slightly bigger lock turning left than right? This could explain it?!?!

Ad

JT

Avoid like the plague. Springs are not expensive, these things are crap and make for crap handling.

Nad

lol, thought as much. looks like i'll be needing some uprated dampers then. dooes anyone know if the balance will be completely upset if i only use stiffer ones at the front, and leave the back standard? ive heard of people using this setup, but im not sure?

(btw nad, i passed you the other night, near M&S lol.)

I know i own a Paseo but thought i could help here is some sorta way as i have KYB gas shocks on the rear and Standard Toyota dampers on the front all lowered 40mm on Spax. It doesnt any different. The only time you notice it is when you drive alone v slowly over speed bumps trying to see if there is any difference in the damping.

But well worth the money and as people have already said, avoid those rubber thing like the plague.

Nice rimd though, look top!!

Matt

A very pleasant looking wheel, now I think a bit of caliper painting is required :thumbsup: .

looking good JT :thumbsup: -

Cheers - Rash.

Love the wheels :D

You should not have any problems with the shocks being different front/rear. I've had Koni adjustables on the front of my Corolla since June 2003 and only last October did the rears. I've had a selection of springs +20%, +30% and now +40% on the fronts and +20% and +30% on the rear - with a mixture of -20mm and -30mm drop - no problems at all. If you do have to change shocks then they should always be done as a pair.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links