Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Subwoofer

Fmrl

Hi, I'm wondering about buying a subwoofer to my car and I noticed that Toyota sell one that's specifically for the Corolla. Has anyone got one of these fitted? Are they any good? Any better/worse than other subwoofers available? Easy to fit?

Cheers.

Hi and welcome

Didn't know Toyota did their own sub woofer in the accessories brochure. What you will probably find is that it is some sound system manufacturers sub with a toyota 'Badge' plus a jumped up price tag!

I'm sure some other members will be able to offer even more advice on this.

Looks like it's part of a "sound" package that can be specified when ordering a new car but I'm guessing there's no problem about fitting it to older ones too (the latest Corolla brochure mentions it so maybe it's only recently been introduced?).

Just been fitting an amp and sub to my T sport but keeping the original head unit gave us soem interesting problems with taking the dash apart and wiring it up to the speaker wires behind the head unit. It was working fine until we slotted everything back into place but we must have knocked a wire loose as it don't work know!! :ffs:

If you are looking for some kickass bass don't bother with the Toyota subwoofer.It does round the existing system off nicely ,but you can get a much better sounding subwoofer for less £'s.Granted you would have to get an amp to drive the sub ,but it all depends on what you want in the end.The factory one doesn't sound too bad as I said,but you may find yourself looking for some extra bass after a while.Thats why I put a Pioneer 800W RMS SPL[only cost me £99 minus GOLD DISCOUNT ] sub in my Gti in the end :lol: .The Toyota subwoofer was £163 fitted from my local dealer.Hope I've been of some help.

Cheers

Ant ;)

Thanks for the info Ant, I'm not looking for anything too extreme so the Toyota one might just suit me fine (I'm guessing it's only a passive box).

The price seems a bit high but I've got a chap fitting an autochanger to my CTS this afternoon (hopefully!) so I'll see if he's got any suggestions.

Cheers!

i have got the toyota subwoofer in my corolla, one thing to bear in mind is where it will be fitted. i used to have it in my yaris and it went under the drivers seat, but when i swapped to the corolla the garage said it wouldn't fit, therefore it is now in the boot fitted to the false floor. might be a bit of a problem if you carry bulky loads and its awkward when you try to get the spare tyre out

it sounds ok, you'll have to turn the bass right up on the head unit though if it's in the boot

cheers

Adz

Hi Fmrl

My wife has got a Toyota sub woofer in her yaris t sport. And for the money what we payed for it. It does a really good job. It's not earth shattering bass but it does fill the car with good bass line. The sub is fitted under the seat. So when your driving along you can feel the bass banging in your butt :yes:

jerry!!

Hi

IMO you should not buy the toyota sub as it is overpriced and you could get an active subwoofer with amp for less or that amount that would give much better sound

I have an Audiobahn Immortal Sub kikking out 2400W RMS powered by a huge Audiobahn amp putting out 2400W RMS and it is too LOUD

Cheers

If any Rolla owners looking for a nice install for a sub, lok no further than mine. B)

Just a shame that toyota can do installs like mine as part of the car. :thumbsup:

I've been told that if they werent any wiser, it looks like a factory fit, but then, the whole boot been fitted any way :lol::lol:

To view pics, clicky on my signature :thumbsup:

Bing

:thumbsup:

Local Toyota dealer have quoted me just over 200 quid for the sub. I've got a CD multichanger under the passenger seat so I mentioned that the sub would have to go under the drivers seat - dealer said this might cost a bit more <_<

Seems a bit pricey and they were a bit vague about the unit as they've never fitted one before (no mention of the output or size or anything like that). I said I'd have a think about it but a third party sub sounds like a better option. I was looking at a woox a few months ago so I might ask around to see how much one of these would cost.

all i can say is that 15" is bigger than it sounds .... so now mine spends 99.9% of the time out of the car.

The same size as the wheels I used to have on my GTI. Too big for a normal install really.

it was one of the sony pentagon ones ... i found a deal on the internet and the 15" was only £10 more .... it was all to tempting

lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links