Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

G3 Cutting Paste

newtomymr2

Before I rush out and get my Mr2 re-sprayed cos the paint is looking pretty chalkey, I was just wondering if anyone here has tried G3 cutting paste to bring back the colour???? :huh:

Looks like hard work, but at least it wont dent the wallet :group-cuddles:

Before I rush out and get my Mr2 re-sprayed cos the paint is looking pretty chalkey, I was just wondering if anyone here has tried G3 cutting paste to bring back the colour????  :huh:

Looks like hard work, but at least it wont dent the wallet  :group-cuddles:

Hi Fella,

My mate used it on my last car, the roof had a load of light scratches on it as thought something had been dragged across it, the end product rocked looked like new.

Few tips don’t let the paint work get dry when your doing the job make sure that you keep the pad wet or it burns the paint, keep cleaning the rubber parts as when it dry's its a nightmare to get off and lastly you will have masses of swirls so get a clay bar or some Swissol cleaner fluid (not brush cleaner fluid) to remove the swirls.

Cheaper than a re-spray

Dave

Normaly when you finish with the G3 you should polish it up with G10

which is a very light polish and will remove any swirl marks left from the G3.

Very good stuff, most body shops use. :thumbsup:

always use wet dont let it dry it burns ideally borrow a mop of some sort or be prepared to sweat it out, ive done my sisters RAV4 and it came up like new, polish with a good polish afterwards i use Meguiars myself,

Cheers everyone :thumbsup:

I think I'll wait a few more weeks to get a little closer to March before I tackle it though

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links