Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport - Instrument Illumination

svenc

Hi,

Just joined the forum so hi to all :) and just swapped my 98 Celica ST for a 2002 Yaris T-Sport which I'm loving !

Just wondered if anyone could advise how I keep the instrument illumination at the brightest setting as each time I turn the lights off it seems to reset to the less bright setting.

Grateful for any info.

SvenC :wacko:

that's different?

Never experienced that before.

I assume you know the backlight intensitiy is controlled by the right hand button in the "pod" which looks like a dial... it controls the intensity when the lights are on...and does something else when off... I foget now? or maybe that's just the digi display.

Dunno how you can stand it on full...drives me mad! far to bright, I find it very distracting... each to his own though.

Sorry not much help.

Vipes

Hi svenc

Well first of all welcome to the club mate. It a great place to just chill and hang out my friend. Enjoy :thumbsup:

Right about the dash as far as i remember thats only a setting if you cant really see the dash in poor light. It will always return back to normal setting all the time once you have turned the lights off. Yes i know what you mean. It's kinda looks better with the dash brighter.

jerry!!

omg... you all go off topic....

When the lights are on, just click the right button of the two directly in front of the speedo....

Press it twice and your speed changes to KPH! :D

omg... you all go off topic....

When the lights are on, just click the right button of the two directly in front of the speedo....

Press it twice and your speed changes to KPH! :D

Our dashes are different to that of the T-Sports Moffmo. They dont have the buttons like we do I dont think.

Not sure for T-Sport, but on my SR and all digital displays i believe... it goes like this...

Left button in front of speedo.... Switch between Trip A, Trip B and Total Mileage.

Right button in front of speedo

Lights are off... switch between MPH & KPH

Lights are on... switch between MPH Dull, MPH Bright, KPH dull, KPH Bright.

That's how it goes!

Hope this helps!!

Not sure for T-Sport, but on my SR and all digital displays i believe... it goes like this...

Left button in front of speedo.... Switch between Trip A, Trip B and Total Mileage.

Right button in front of speedo

Lights are off... switch between MPH & KPH

Lights are on... switch between MPH Dull, MPH Bright, KPH dull, KPH Bright.

That's how it goes!

Hope this helps!!

It works the same mate. The only difference is that you have a digital dash so T sport owners cant change between MPH and KPH as we have a analogue dash instead mate.

jerry!!

i press the rigth hand button next to trip one and display goes brighter. but it wont retain memory unfortunaetly!

Press and hold the button in the brightness mode for 10 seconds with the hazard lights on with engine off.

Next time you turn your lights on it will be exactly the same

:D

Press and hold the button in the brightness mode for 10 seconds with the hazard lights on with engine off.

Does That really work? Girlfriend took car to work so i cant run out and check.

South west Scotland? Where abouts exactly mate? I'm from the Kilmarnock area! :thumbsup:

I'm in Ayr so not a million miles away. Just off to try the 10 second hazard light thing... :hokus-pokus:

Cheers

South west Scotland? Where abouts exactly mate? I'm from the Kilmarnock area! :thumbsup:

I'm in Ayr so not a million miles away. Just off to try the 10 second hazard light thing... :hokus-pokus:

Cheers

Well try as I might, I couldn't get the hazards on with engine off and 10 second hold on the brightness button whilst in bright mode to result in a sustained bright mode at next lights on.

Thanks for the info anyway folks.

SvenC :)

Well try as I might, I couldn't get the hazards on with engine off

Are you sure - that's exactly when they SHOULD work!

Alan

PS Welcome to the club...

Well try as I might, I couldn't get the hazards on with engine off

Are you sure - that's exactly when they SHOULD work!

Alan

PS Welcome to the club...

that has to be mucho leg pulling there..

but aye..hazzards should work at any time.

I looked at the dimming today on the way to work...and how naff is that!! sure enough it defaults to being normal rather than bright....ah well.

Vipes

IT WAS A JOKE!!!

IT WAS A JOKE!!!

Get away ! :D

:censor: :censor: :censor:

You nearly had me fooled too . I didnt try it but it got me thinking

It is on dim by default and you have to reset it when you switch the engine back

JUST WANT TO SAY THAT SO NOBODY ELSE GETS SUCKERED !!!

:P

Er just a sec while I look that up in " my hong kong book of Kung fu"

Just who is this super hero ? :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links