Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Where Do You Buy Your Fuel?

gordypix

So where do you shop mostly for Fuel????  

47 members have voted

1. 1. So where do you shop mostly for Fuel????

• BP
    • ESSO
    • SHELL
    • TEXACO
    • TOTAL
    • JET
    • SAINSBURY'S
    • TESCO
    • MORRISON'S
    • Other SUPERMARKET FUEL
    • Other GARAGE

Just wondering who gets most of your Business for your Toyos Fuel?

Do you go for Brand names as such as BP or go for value such as a Supermarket forecourt?

Just wondering who gets most of your Business for your Toyos Fuel?

Do you go for Brand names as such as BP or go for value such as a Supermarket forecourt?

Normally I fill up at a Shell station (as it is cheaper than the nearest Jet station) but if the car is running low on fuel it will be Jet.

I used to buy Shell Optimax when I had an IS200 but I didn't really notice much difference in performance. I'm guessing putting 98 RON into my Corolla would be a waste of money so I just go for the cheapest stuff now.

optimax for the 20v..otherwise it doesnt run right at all......but i do keep a small bottle of millers octane booster in the car just in case i have to stop somewhere else

Optimax for me for my Glanza... also I use the Shell cause its the cheapest in my town, as it matches supermarkets.

BLOODUK start using Optimax as it is better than Ultimate nad cheaper, BP are robbing *****s!

In terms of petrol I always fill up at Shell, A lot of reseach at my university has been carried out into the quality of fuel and Shell detergent package is better.

Just a word for those of you using optimax. The RON (Reseach Octane Number) is a measure of the temperature at which the fuel ignites (Resistance to Knocking), higher RON the higher the ignition temperature (Less Knock) you get in your cylinder. Difference between air temperature and flame temperature = power. BUT you can damage your engine if your timing is not adjusted for this.

have a nice day

sv

BLOODUK start using Optimax as it is better than Ultimate nad cheaper, BP are robbing *****s!

No ive used it before and it sucks , atleast the garage i get it from it does

I get less miles and less of a tank with optimax than i do bp ultimate.

I dont really like putting supermarket fuel in the car. I was told that the supermarket fuel is sometimes getting near the end of its shelf life and thats one reason why its cheaper.

But I am not totally sure its right or not.

I dont really like putting supermarket fuel in the car.  I was told that the supermarket fuel is sometimes getting near the end of its shelf life and thats one reason why its cheaper. 

Im not sure either, but the garage i USED to get optimax from seems

Weak , and i dont seem to get the right amount filled for the price i put in.

I havent trusted this garage for a long time :huh:

I dont really like putting supermarket fuel in the car.  I was told that the supermarket fuel is sometimes getting near the end of its shelf life and thats one reason why its cheaper. 

Does petrol have a Best Before date?

Should I keep my car refridgerated to make the petrol last longer?

I thought the only problem with supermarket fuel is that sometimes they just get hold of the cheapest stuff that might not always be as good as the stuff you get from the big names, but most of the time there's very little or no difference.

I thought all petrol had to conform to a minimum standard anyway - so basically you're just paying extra for a few additives and the brand name that's stuck over the pump.

in summer fuel evaporates and goes through the charcoal filter, periodically the fuel vapour is purged into the engine which is wasted fuel really, so if you can refrigerate then good idea I suppose!

the fuel is also less dense so if you want to maximise your tank go fill up early in the morning.

I think supermarket fuel can always be cheaper because other products can subsidise the cost (the whole store). To the supermarket it is just another product.

The stand alone garages have petrol as their main income generator so it will always be higher.

I always used Sainsburys on my MR2 and couldn't fault it.

My scoob is on its first tank of SUL from Sainsburys and I haven't noticed a difference from 95ron yet, if I ever will.

Optimax for me for my Glanza... also I use the shell cause its the cheapest in my town, as it matches supermarkets.

Yeah I fill up at the same station as this guy and its equal to the prices of all the supermarkets around these parts.

I only use normal unleaded though but if I'm in Glasgow and I'm running low I occasionally pop into Esso! Supermarket fuel will never go anywhere near my car! :thumbsup:

No ive used it before and it sucks , atleast the garage i get it from it does

I get less miles and less of a tank with optimax than i do bp ultimate.

Fair enough mate...but do you admit BP are robbing *****s :lol: I mean its like 92p a lt of Ultimate when the Competitor fuel (ie Optimax) is like 82.9! :arrgg-matey:

Fair enough mate...but do you admit BP are robbing *****s :lol: I mean its like 92p a lt of Ultimate when the Competitor fuel (ie Optimax) is like 82.9!  :arrgg-matey:

Yep it is abit expensive :o but i dont use the mr2 alot , twice a week or so

Well I use cruddy supermarket fuel because......

a) Its more convenient for me to get

b ) I'm on a tight budget

and c) Because I get clubcard points!

I alternate between Tesco and Safeway/Morrisons as Safeway is the nearest supermarket to me but I try and wait til I go home at weekends and I'll fill up at the Tescos in Rugby to get my clubcard points! :D

Yeah yeah - I'm a cheapskate - well so what! It makes my car run, which is all that matters to me! :D

I go to BP!

Car gets BP Ultimate each time - even if last time it was at 89.1p..last filled up on Christmas Eve and is only half full now..plus I get the nectar points :thumbsup:

Well after trying the car on Optimax and on Ultimate and not seeing any performance or mpg improvement, the car is fed on sainsburys unleaded. She gets super unleaded every few weeks, as well as fuel injector cleaner every few months.

Cant really justify the extra money for optimax/ultimate when we're doing an average of 60 miles a day, and still making a £30 tank of petrol last a week :yes:

I'm a pleb I'm afraid and use Tesco Low Sulphur Diesel...

Cheap, the closest to me and Clubcard Points too (Tesco know everything about me!)

A

I only go to BP because I get Nectar points. I pay with my Barclaycard so I get points on that as well. If Esso or Shell gave out nectar points I'd go there instead of BP (I always find the BP stations themselves a bit scabby and run down).

Well after trying the car on Optimax and on Ultimate and not seeing any performance or mpg improvement, the car is fed on sainsburys unleaded. She gets super unleaded every few weeks

I thought that would be a bad idea - your ecu must have a headache trying to adjust between 95 and 98 every few weeks.

Isn't it just a waste putting 98 in a car that is supposed to run on 95?

Cant really justify the extra money for optimax/ultimate when we're doing an average of 60 miles a day, and still making a £30 tank of petrol last a week :yes:

First week of owning my CTS... she's doing around 36mpg, I've driven about 250 miles since I bought her and there's still half a tank left :yes::yes::yes:

(previous car was a Lexus IS200 which did about 20mpg even on 98 :o )

Esso tends to get my hard earned cash, as its on the way to the M4, and is usually the only place open at 4am (as i never think ahead and fill up and the end of a journey)

If I actually plan ahead, i would go to the supermarket - I was Optimax loyal for a few months, but I just couldnt be doing with the hassle

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links