Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Kicking Myself

Fidgits

Im well annoyed at myself..

Went out in the IS, had to parallel park in a tight spot on a main road, so tried to squeeze the car as close to the kerb as i could..

Result, the rear alloy has a nice 6 inch long 'kerb' to it now!

:help::crybaby: 3 years i managed to avoid this... :crybaby:

I dont suppose anyone knows of any miracle stuff to fix it?

Really annoying isnt it!!?.. :ffs:

I managed to somehow scratch one of mine in my driveway on a 2 inch thick edging stone???? lol :wacko:

Was well roused!! Ive not really seen anything about, ive touched mine up with a similar colour touch-up pen and will see about getting the scratch sorted next year.

3 years is a good effort though!! But continue to be careful!! :yes:

Ive got a kurbed alloy by AVOIDING THE WORST HAZARD ON THE ROAD... pick up truck drivers, usually being driven by chav parents :!Removed!: :angry:

:crybaby: :ffs: :censor: downer Ian chappy....... stooooopid kerbs..... :ffs:

If they are the standard 17's that come on the IS you should be able to pick up another one fairly cheap. I have been looking at sets for my mpv as they are the same offset etc. I have seen them from £70 for 4 (probably in no better condition) to about £150 for a tidy set.

Not much consolation I know!

couldn't you just get it refurbed for about £30?

Yeah get it refurbed for £30. Or you could go wild and get it refurbed and the others and get a colour change but I don't think thats your scene. :thumbsup:

You can run on the space saver/spare for a day though surely?

A

Yeah get it refurbed for £30. Or you could go wild and get it refurbed and the others and get a colour change but I don't think thats your scene. :thumbsup:

this gguys hates chav's an there mod's but, has a HKS zorst an tte grille on his car!

When I kerbed one of my alloys I got it refurbished and they did a brilliant job. You would never know it had been kerbed. Anyway I hope you get it sorted.

Anyone needing curbing repairs, or even colour changes, I can wholly recommend Romax on Teesside. Call 01642 619 196. They did a great job powder coating my rims.

Habu

this gguys hates chav's an there mod's but, has a HKS zorst an tte grille on his car!

erm, no actually

I hate chavs - and their zorsts that are louder than a Jet engine..

And i dont have a TTE grill, I have a Lexus sports grill :thumbsup: but yes, a nice HKS zorst... and if you have an issue with me, why not come to me directly instead of just complaining on the forums?

Anyone needing curbing repairs, or even colour changes, I can wholly recommend Romax on Teesside.  Call 01642 619 196. They did a great job powder coating my rims.

Habu

cheers mate, just a bit far for me...

I'm probably just going to swap with the spare when i need to change the tyres..

I also have a spare wheel on my patio i had forgotton about - i need to check the condition of that :yes:

I chate chavs and bling :o

remeber that chavs and bling dont go hand in hand. bling can be tasteful.... chavs cant. bling on a chav is distasteful :yes:

Sympathys mate.....

If it makes you feel any better I was getting my car MOt'd at my mates garage yesterday and saw an IS200, balanced on old tyres.... someone had had the rims away!

there isa company called "wicked wheels" don;t let the name put you off, aparently they make an excelent restoration job, and are totally mobile, they refit tyres, strip, coat and bake the wheels all in the back of a van..

I'll try and find details for you :thumbsup:

Cheers Charlie!

Just been looking at the website for wicked wheels:

http://www.wickedwheels.co.uk/index.htm

It does seem like a very good service.... but I think they charge about £65 per wheel.... seems excessive to me!!

I'm looking because I let my gf use the car for a week and have two fairly badly kerbed wheels :ffs: ..... arrrggghhh this car is becoming a nightmare... but hmm I still love it! :D

if i have to park like that i adjust the wing mirror so i can see the cerb and rear wheel.

erm, no actually

And i dont have a TTE grill, I have a Lexus sports grill :thumbsup: but yes, a nice HKS zorst... and if you have an issue with me, why not come to me directly instead of just complaining on the forums?

this wasnt intended as a dig i was saying that you dont rule out all modding, you just like tasteful mods,

but if you want to get ubiky thats fine, <_<

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links