Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Apexi Rsm

Markturbo

i just bought an apexi rsm but its second hand and i don't have any instructions for it and the wire on it is only about a foot long i want to mount it in the ash tray so how long does the wire have to be and where does it get wired to

if i need to extend the wire where can i get one from and is it a hard job to fit

i will get the instructions from there then do you know how long the wire needs to be and if it needs to be longer is it hard to extend the wire

if it's anything like their other products; then yes you'll need to extend the wire.

I used a 12 pin alarm wire to bridge the gap for the s-afcII.

For the fc commander you can buy a extension lead.

i just cut the bits out apexi manual which it says i need but i think i will have to get someone to fit it for me as im not clued up on wiring and stuff to do with cars so what sort of price should i look at for fitting

well i got quoted £80 to have that fitted and my downpipe fitted as long as the studs don't snap do you think thats an ok price

did you see the pic in the link i ask because i'm still trying to find some one to extend the wire for me and then when i was looking at the instructions on the apexi website in the pic it shows it has plug in connectors on it all i have is a short chopped wire

any ideas where i can get the correct wire from so i can extend it and can anyone recommend anyone who would be able to extend the wire and fit it to my car so its all setup properly

I used 2 wire flex I got from Focus (DIY shop).

I then soldered the wires into the loom from the RSM, up the console, into the gromet behind the passenger, round the air ffed and into the grommet in the boot.

I then tapped (and in some cases cut) the wires into the ECU loom.

that sounds complicated to me i might speak to gbh who said they should be able to fit when i get my downpipe fitted and see if they can do it all for me

Not difficult in the slightest ..

I'm rubbish when it comes to stuff like this .. but it's such a doddle .. and also impresses the ladys and keeps the £35 in your own pocket for a takeout and a few bevvies when you are finished :D

• 2 months later...

i have wired in my rsm with the instructions from the website and it doesn't even come on

on the instuctions on the website it says you only need to wire five wires is this right can anyone help me out

yup power, earth, speed, revs and erm .. something else .. 2nd earth?

I did 4 wires .. Power, earth, rev pulse and speed pulse I think... wired them to the back of the clocks and the stereo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links